Philadelphia, PA, United States
The Senior Backend Engineer will work on a small, cross-functional team to develop the backend and various APIs for a one-of-a-kind, native sports betting experience. Candidates for this role will work with multiple client teams to build a revolutionary sportsbook from the ground up. Previous work in the gaming industry is not important but we do expect your work-product will reflect a strong technical background and a dedication to concise, scalable code.
- Demonstrate best-in-class programming skills to develop secure, tested, optimized, scalable code.
- Translate business requirements into code.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, ops engineers, client engineers, QA engineers and various other teams and stakeholders to solve innovative problems utilizing out-of-the-box solutions.
- Communicate clearly and effectively using Github, Slack, Google Docs, JIRA, so as to keep all stakeholders in-the-loop regarding relevant issues.
- Interact thoughtfully and professionally with everyone including non-technical colleagues.
- Ability to work in a highly regulated environment and develop code according to regulatory requirements
- Experience with Django/Flask/Python, or Golang.
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining backend systems and building and consuming APIs.
- Experience with deploying code in Linux based environments such as Debian or Ubuntu
- Experience with Git or other distributed version control systems.
- Experience writing well tested code or experience with practices like TDD
- General computing knowledge — familiarity with the standard suite of Web Protocols (HTTP, TCP, etc.).
- Familiar with virtualization (ex. Docker, rkt)
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or another STEM field.
- Experience administering AWS Core Services (S3, SQS, EC2, ECS, etc.).
- Experience deploying code via Kubernetes
- A passion for sports or betting.
Python.org Jobs Feed