IN A NUTSHELL
You understand infrastructure inside out? You are an excellent communicator who enjoys collaboration with a range of internal/external partners, stakeholders, and customers? You strive in fast-moving environments? You are flexible regarding working hours and enjoy constant changes?
As an Infrastructure Operations Engineer (m/f/d), you will join our Cloud Operations team and take care of the Spryker cloud by supporting, monitoring, and administering it.
Your main tasks would be directly supporting the users, administering production and testing environments (residing in AWS), and taking care of the resources (public & private) for all environments (residing in AWS and/or Azure).
Help us revolutionize the world of commerce and work from one of our offices (Berlin/Hamburg/Kharkiv) or remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Configure, test, deploy, and upgrade software for production in AWS
- Control EC2 instance lifecycle and other AWS resources using Infrastructure-as-Code tools (e.g. Terraform)
- Respond to monitoring alerts and incidents
- Ensure security through access controls, firewalls, VPNs, and audit logging
- Author and recommend settings to improve performance, security, and reliability (for applications, operating systems, networks, and cloud services)
- Participate in design, implementation, and execution of backup and disaster recovery plan for infrastructure solutions
- Set up and manage user accounts, login restrictions and PaaS-based application permissions
- Contribute to internal technical documentation, manuals, and IT policies
- Document problem status and resolution
- Develop plans and perform routine maintenance tasks for infrastructure systems (e.g. patch management, application hotfixes)
- Generate Vulnerability Management & Resolution reports
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Adapting to on-call and/or shifted working schedule
- Excellent communicator with a problem-solving mindset
- Always accurate and attentive to details
- Ex: System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar
- Experience with key cloud platforms/providers (Amazon Web Service, GCP, and Azure) – AWS highly preferred
- Solid working knowledge of Linux and OS/X (Windows is a plus)
- Ability to create scripts in modern languages like Python/PHP etc.
- Understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NAT, routing, and related networking protocols, technologies and security related protocols (SSH, HTTPS, IPsec, etc.)
- Experience using source control/repositories (Git, GitHub) and workflow tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence, Slack, TeamCity, etc.)
- 24×7 production operations experience, preferably supporting a highly available environment for a SaaS/PaaS or cloud service provider
- Understanding of AWS security concepts including VPC, VPN, EC2, CodePipeline, IAM, and others to protect data-at-rest and in-transit via encryption highly desirable
Bonus points for:
- HashiCorp’s Terraform experience
- Working knowledge of containers (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS/ECR, etc)
- Experience with passive (e.g. compliance audits) and active evaluations (e.g. vulnerability assessments)
OUR RESPONSIBILITY – 5 REASONS TO JOIN THE SPRYKER TEAM
- We challenge and grow: our mission is to provide each Sprykee with a framework for holistic and regular 360 feedback and personal and professional development, enabling you to master daily challenges and develop personal and professional skills.
- We care about our herd: we provide you with great onsite experience within our office and beyond. To support your health we offer fresh fruits, healthy cereals, and cool drinks, discounts on Urban Sports memberships, height-adjustable/standing desks and free flu vaccinations. To invest in your future, we offer a company pension scheme and free German language classes.
- We celebrate our success: company events, team events, thanksgiving dinners, “Glühwein” nights, regular “herd events” such as cocktail mixing workshops, BBQ, movie nights and many more allow you to get in touch and exchange with colleagues living the Spryker spirit.
- We focus on our vision: join an ambitious journey while having the perks of being responsible for your own time management, flexible working hours and home office.
- We live constant innovation: constant innovation is not only essential to our product but the key to our DNA in all areas of business: Choose between newest hardware versions e.g. Mac or Lenovo laptops and work on the latest business models and technologies.
Are you thrilled? Please send us your application in English, stating your earliest starting date and salary expectation.