The Wikimedia Commons app (an open-source app maintained by the Wikimedia community) is hiring a part-time Android app developer and tester (contractor, 1 yr) to join our team. 🙂 This is a fully-remote position, and the successful applicant will be working in a collaborative open-source environment with a diverse team from all over the world to improve the Commons app.
- Android app development, primarily focused on increasing code coverage (writing unit tests, refactoring code to increase testability) and improving stability (fixing bugs/crashes)
- Manual app testing
- USD 20/hr @ 15 hrs/week, for 50 weeks
- Fully-remote. We are open to all timezones and you can choose your own hours, as long as deadlines and quality requirements are met
- 1+ year of experience in native Android development (Java/Kotlin) and version control systems (git)
- An active open-source development profile and familiarity with working in collaborative environments