We are looking for a Business Intelligence (BI) Developer to create and manage BI and analytics solutions that turn data into knowledge.
In this role, you should have a background in data and business analysis. You should be analytical and an excellent communicator. If you also have a business acumen and problem-solving aptitude, we’d like to meet you.
- Designing, developing and maintaining business intelligence solutions
- Developing visual reports and dashboards using Power BI
- Connecting to data sources, importing data and transforming data for Business Intelligence.
- Excellent in analytical thinking for translating data into informative visuals and reports.
- Able to implement row level security on data and have an understanding of application security layer models in Power BI.
- Crafting and executing queries upon request for data
- Presenting information through reports and visualization
- Translate business needs to technical specifications
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions (e.g. reporting tools)
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms
- Create tools to store data (e.g. OLAP cubes)
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems
- Collaborate with teams to integrate systems
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses
- Create visualizations and reports for requested projects
- Proven experience as a BI Developer or Data Scientist
- Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, OLAP and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Industry experience using BI technologies (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, Oracle BI)
- Knowledge of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Ability to take initiative and be innovative
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
remote jobs – Stack Overflow