Want to get in on the ground floor of a startup creating products that will make a real and immediate impact on the employment problems the world is currently facing? Interested in joining a team of proven entrepreneurs who’ve been remote-first since before it was cool and are on a mission to disrupt the way professionals get hired? If so, we have an opportunity for you…
Comp range: $15/hr
Inde’s mission: We are on a mission to help people find meaningful work and take control of their career by going remote.
Why this role exists: Reporting to the CEO & Head of Product at Inde.co – the design intern will be responsible for creating visually appealing and engaging designs to create buzz for the launch of our first book https://www.goingremotebook.com/. This position will help us succeed in your mission by piquing the interest of our target market through beautiful design—whether it’s on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Linkedin or TikTok.
What’s in it for me?
Leverage your creative genius to help your generation find and land meaningful roles. Work hand-in-hand with a seasoned founding team of serial entrepreneurs, learn on the job, have your voice heard, enjoy lots of autonomy, and a fast-paced startup environment. For the right person, the opportunity for continued employment after launch, and/or warm intros and referrals within a deep network of founders & startups.
- Graphic Design, Visual Design, and Branding
- Video editing
- You will work with Maren to create our first Brand & Style Guide
- You will create designs for Instagram (ads, posts and stories), Linkedin, Facebook, and more
- You will edit videos to fit the formatting and requirements across various platforms like Youtube, Snapchat, TikTok, Instagram, etc.
- You will create and maintain a consistent brand across all of our social platforms
- You will ideate compelling visual and video content, based on content we create for the book and be able to take those ideas to execution in ready-to-publish video and visual content.
- You will discuss your designs, thinking, and solutions in a weekly critique format
Core competencies / hard skills:
- Strong written communication
- Understanding of design best practices and principles to feel confident executing work remotely and with some autonomy
- Knowledge of video editing software to create short vignettes to be used for various social media channels (Instagram, YouTube, and more)
- Graphic design
- Visual design
- Working knowledge of online design tools from Figma, to Canva, Photoshop or Adobe
- Basic understanding of digital marketing, social media, and WordPress
- Very driven
- Highly motivated to learn new skills and explore new ideas
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Highly reliable
Jobs on Smashing Magazine — For Web Designers And Developers