Software Engineer – Minecraft Java Game Development
Tynker is looking for an experienced software developer who can extend our Minecraft modding platform that engages our primary customers – kids! You will be responsible for extending our deep integration with Minecraft, advancing our 3D editing tools, and supporting new ways for kids to learn coding in a Minecraft world. You will work with a team of talented developers building tools and frameworks used by millions of K-12 students to learn to code.
- Create awesome Minecraft experiences for young coders
- Use the Spigot API and Tynker’s internal tools to support a modding solution with Minecraft Java server hosting
- Use Add-ons in conjunction with Tynker’s internal web-based tools to support a modding platform for Minecraft Win 10 and Pocket PC (Bedrock)
- Develop mods for both Minecraft Java and Minecraft Bedrock Editions
- Maintain Tynker’s 3D resource and behavior editing tools to stay up-to-date with the latest Minecraft patches and features
- Invent and implement new games and mod ideas for Minecraft
- Expand Tynker’s integration with all different versions of Minecraft
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science
- 3+ years of professional Java development, with experience in Java 8
- Strong object oriented fundamentals with prior experience in Java or C++
- Deep game-play knowledge of Minecraft, and what makes it fun!
- Experience with modding Minecraft: Java Edition and Bedrock.
- Must have built custom entities, blocks, skins, add-ons, resource and behavior packs
- In-depth understanding of 3D coordinate systems (transforms, geometry, etc.)
- Ability to quickly adapt and learn to work within an unfamiliar codebase
- Demonstrated ability to be self-driven and work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of the Spigot API, plug-ins and Bedrock add-ons is a big plus
- Knowledge of 3D modeling is a plus
- Experience with textures (UV coordinates, materials, shaders, etc) is a plus
If interested, please send your resume and portfolio to email@example.com.
remote jobs – Stack Overflow