Our partner, a post-seed health analytics startup, is looking for an experienced senior engineer! Remote, Denver, or San Fran for location.
They need someone with the skills and experience to take ownership of several functional areas, driving them forward both with their prolific contributions and leadership of others.
The ideal candidate has an architectural mindset, can evaluate system-wide platform decisions, and help set long-term company-wide technical strategy. They are a formidable engineer, a mentor to others, and are capable of assessing and making difficult tradeoffs. They are comfortable working in multiple languages at any given time, interested in doing deep research to choose the best tool for the job, and comfortable stepping into new challenges as diverse as managing a hospital security review or working directly with customers on data integrations. They are ready to be a leader in the organization and will be instrumental in the growth of both the product and team
What You’ll Bring:
- Data management experience – moving large quantities of data through a multi-stage pipeline
- Python w/ TDD & CI
- SQL experience
- Dev Ops – Familiarity with basic software infrastructure, including AWS and container management (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Security – Understand the principles of securing and managing sensitive data; background with HIPAA or other protected data a plus
- Communication – Able to effectively communicate technology strategy to the executive team and across roles within the company.
- Ownership – Proven track record of reliably delivering high-quality results without supervision, both individually and as a team
- Healthcare domain knowledge
- PostgreSQL, Redshift, MS-SQL
- Full-stack web – experience building data-driven single-page-applications (React preferred) and the back-end APIs that power them
remote jobs – Stack Overflow