Our growing technology company seeks an experienced, well-rounded Senior Azure Cloud Application Administrator to join our elite team of dedicated individuals. In this position, you will be responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining, and assisting with the implementation of Azure cloud-based infrastructure and software systems. This will include maintaining existing systems, evaluating and implementing performance and feature updates to systems, responding to incidents, and acting as a cloud system SME for the tech support team.
This position is based in the Thycotic Philippines office and will report to the Director of Cloud Operations.
- As the primary point of contact for several production Azure cloud-based systems, analyze, configure, and monitor the systems as necessary.
- Ensure critical SLAs are met which will include an on-call schedule for off-hour emergencies.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve system problems.
- Assist with the development of solutions for collecting, analyzing, and acting on telemetry data from applications and the Azure resources that run them.
- Review system enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Plan and execute upgrades of operating systems and other relevant software.
- Develop documentation for new and/or existing systems.
- Provide system training and technical guidance for utilizing cloud computing resources.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as required.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- 6+ years of applicable experience with web-based systems administration or similar role.
- 2+ years of applicable experience with Azure administration.
- Associate (2-year) degree, Bachelor (4-year) degree preferred in the field of CS or IT.
- Desired certifications include: Network+, Server+, MTA/MCSA/MCSE: Cloud Platform, Security+, etc.
- Must have advanced troubleshooting skills with web technologies such as IIS, layer 7 firewalls, proxies, etc.
- Deep understanding of firewalls, NAT, NACLs, Load Balancing, DNS, DHCP, and packet filtering.
- Expert at troubleshooting web application issues using logging and monitoring tools, especially APM tools. Examples include NewRelic, Datadog, Nagios, Solarwinds, Dynatrace, Retrace, Site24x7, Azure Application Insights, Azure Log Analytics, Splunk, etc.
- Microsoft product expert including, Windows Server 2012-2016, Group Policy, Active Directory.
- Excellent knowledge of static content offloading, caching, and CDNs.
- Experience with PKI systems and SSL/TLS Certificate management.
- Experience and understanding of Infrastructure as Code, Automation, and Orchestration.
- Understanding different backup and disaster recovery approaches in the cloud.
- Experience writing effective PowerShell scripts and markup language files such as XML, JSON, and/or YAML.
- Experience with SQL language and general DB management.
- Experience with Azure Resource Templates, Virtual Networks, Storage, Virtual Machines, and Azure Active Directory.
- Excellent facilitator with the ability to act as an emergency response task force lead.
- Version control (e.g. Git, etc) and automated deployment tools (e.g Jenkins, Visual Studio, CodeDeploy, TeamCity, Bamboo, etc.), a plus.