Carry1st is the leading mobile game publisher in Africa. In 2020, we look to scale to over a million monthly active users and solve for one of the biggest challenges facing consumers across Africa – the ability to pay for digital goods seamlessly. We are looking for a Senior Devops and Site Reliability Engineer who has the ability to architect and maintain dynamic systems which can automate development and handle millions of daily active users – reliably and securely.
What will you do?
- Optimize AWS cloud deployment for improved performance, security, and cost management
- Deploy automation tools (CI / CD) with Jenkins to facilitate the development and deployment of microservices, web applications, and mobile applications
- Containerize applications using Docker, and automate deployment, scaling, and management of the applications using Kubernetes
- Build and maintain development, staging, sandbox, and production environments
- Quickly provision and manage services using Terraform
- Set up and execute progressive load tests simulating massive scale involving web sockets
- Design procedures for system monitoring, troubleshooting, and maintenance using Grafana and Prometheus
- Secure, store and tightly control access to tokens, passwords, certificates, encryption keys
What makes you a great candidate?
- 5+ years work experience as a DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer or in a similar role
- Experience working in the AWS environment, with experience in services like EC2 / ELB, Route53, S3, ECR, Docker, Kubernetes, RDS
- Strong knowledge of database architecture (MySQL, PostgreSQL) and caching technologies (MemCached, Redis)
- Experience with technologies such as RabbitMQ, Jenkins, Jira, Chef, and Hashicorp
- Experience working with and optimizing web sockets with significant loads
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Self-motivation, problem solving, and ability to work in a distributed team environment
What will we offer you?
- The opportunity to build awesome, industry-changing products, every day
- A flat structure where taking the lead is encouraged
- Competitive cash compensation and equity ownership
This position is fully remote but we will also support your relocation to our HQ in Cape Town, South Africa – an emerging global tech hub that provides an amazing quality of life!
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.