At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration, and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60M devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto!
Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of a startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Vision for the Role
We are looking for a contract (9+month contract with potential to convert to full-time) content expert or content strategist who will actively contribute to the team working on the evolution of a new product content strategy for Fitbit. Content initiatives that drive consumer acquisition, engagement and retention through content. You’ll build upon Fitbit’s existing position as a trusted fitness and health and wellness destination to establish and drive a content roadmap tied to broader business goals.
In this role, you will establish strategies that include an approach to buying/building/partnering with a focus on the customer and their journey on Fitbit. You work as part of a team to execute on this strategy and be responsible for identifying, production or sourcing 3rd Party Content which drives engagement across the Fitbit ecosystem and use analytic tools to measure success and make decisions.
This is a hands-on strategic content role that works closely with product management, UX design, and user research teams to ensure a smooth content development and delivery process. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving the content direction on assigned projects, managing execution of content production with in-house teams for those projects and working closely with Fitbit’s Head of Content to drive overall strategy forward.
What You’ll Work On:
- Building on Fitbit’s current content assets from Fitbit coach, challenges etc, build a cohesive content portfolio.
- Exercise and Wellness Curriculum, working with industry experts
- Driving behavior change – science of diet and turning it into exercise.
- Contribute to content strategy for Fitbit, leading identified content initiatives to ultimately drive consumer engagement, acquisition and retention.
- Build, lead and evangelize the multi-year content roadmap including areas below:
- Build content to drive user engagement in key segments.
- Use content as a method to empower customers and increase product adoption.
- Work cross-functionally on world-class content that tells a compelling story in the health and wellness space.
Who you are:
- 5+ years content strategy experience with a track record of driving a content roadmap from internally managed content to licensed content in a mobile, software and agile environment.
- Ideal candidate brings experience building entertainment or health and wellness curriculum and content targeting key audience segments.
- Track record of developing and executing on a content strategy & growing a user-base i.e especially engaging a targeted demographic.
- Proven capabilities including strategy development and the ability to measure and drive results.
- Impeccable written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of social media and digital trends tied to driving audience growth.
- Passionate about Fitbit products and creating connected communities.
- Experience working closely with Engineering and Design teams to envision and execute on a product vision.
- Analytically driven mindset, ability to both set vision and lead against a vision.
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with a distributed team across Engineering, UX and ID Design, Customer Success, Marketing.
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.