SENIOR FULL STACK ENGINEER – PLATFORM TEAM
Handled is the fastest growing home services and local moving platform in the United States – and we are looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join our team.
As a technology company, our software is at the very heart of our mission – Helping The World Feel at Home – and you’ll be involved in working on and designing the core of our offerings.
The platform team is a growing group of engineers dedicated to building the modules that drive the Handled platform. We work across all company initiatives to build durable systems that solve needs for today and position Handled for what is on the horizon. To achieve this, our engineers are highly communicative and comfortable working with stakeholders across the organization to understand where the business is heading.
Handled is a fast-moving, entrepreneurial start-up backed by the largest players in the industry. In our work at Handled, we seek to be humble, nimble, creative, hardworking and collaborative – and believe these are the keys to reaching our goals. We’re an inclusive, remote-first organization with team members all over the United States (and a few outside of it as well!).
What you will do:
- Work with Product & Design team members to bring features from concept to launch
- Collaborate with other engineers to design and develop APIs and user experiences.
- Write clean, high-quality code and tests while keeping the user experience fast and reliable
- Participate in development life cycle activities including design, coding, testing, and releases
- Help triage bugs, track software defects, and ensure their timely resolution
- Define and mature technical standards and quality with fellow Engineers
What You Should Bring With You:
- 4+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Experience working with AWS, Google Cloud or similar cloud platform services
- Experience with micro-services architecture and orchestration
- Experience building high fidelity integrations with customer relationship management platforms, ideally Hubspot.
- Experience with Apache Kafka – event streaming, event sourcing, and KSQL
- A strong command of the fundamentals of computer science including data structures, algorithms, programming languages and distributed systems
- Track record of delivering production systems/services
- Passionate about UX and UI performance
- A positive, self-starter attitude with a desire for growth
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – you have thoughts and opinions about how to get things done and are bold enough to share them
- Strong desire to learn, think creatively and mentor others
- Start-up experience
- Hubspot experience
- Docker or Kubernetes experience
- CircleCI experience
- Health Care: We have multiple plans, including an option where we take care of your monthly premiums for you and your dependents, 100%
- Generous PTO policy
- A supportive, entrepreneurial environment where you will create a real Individual Development Plan that YOU define and own and we help you achieve
- 100% Remote First Company
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.