Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
Do you want to be part of an incredible company and know that you’re making a difference every single day? Are you passionate about international development and education, eager to identify new opportunities and bring creative ideas to the table, and excited to contribute to the growth of both programs and people? Our team has set big hairy audacious goals to see change within our lifetime. We can’t do it without you!
The Atlassian Foundation is looking for a passionate Program Manager for our Global Education Portfolio, working remotely anywhere in the United States or Australia.
Atlassian Foundation partners with bold, ambitious, and impactful non-profit innovators to equip disadvantaged youth with the skills needed to thrive in the 21st century. In partnering with these organizations, we connect them with a blend of support that includes funding, tools, and Atlassian volunteers. We believe that our financial investments in these non-profits can have outsized impact when it is paired with access to Atlassian’s tools and the time, skills, and expertise of our 5,000+ employees.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Drive the implementation of a new monitoring and evaluation framework for the Foundation’s global education portfolio
- Develop procedures for collecting, storing, and reporting indicators as well as assessing and communicating overall impact. This includes: tracking the success of each organization that the Atlassian Foundation partners with, co-ordinating the implementation of the M&E framework (ie: data collection, aggregation, partner dashboard, annual impact report) for our global education portfolio, and drafting the “annual report” to be shared with Atlassians, board members and externally.
- Work with the Foundation Directors and a specialist leadership development consultant to design and implement a leadership development program for Atlassian employees most passionately engaged in the Foundation.
- Work with experts to develop the tools and systems for Atlassian employees to succeed in their roles as the point of contact and champions for our global education partners. We call this group of Atlassian volunteers the GEMs (Global Education Managers). You will help them grow as leaders within Atlassian. It will be your responsibility to streamline the process and design a systematic approach to employee engagement with our major NGO partners.
On an ongoing basis, the key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring we bring the best of Atlassian to each of our global education partners;
- Reporting on the impact of our major NGO partnerships; and
- Supporting GEMs to develop strong, trust based relationships with our global education partners and to have the greatest possible impact.
On the first day, we’ll expect you to have
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Excellent time management skills; flexibility to flourish with multiple assignments and demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven relationship management skills
- A track record of delivering agreed project outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of international development, global education, and/or education grant making
- Demonstrated passion for social impact; nonprofit experience and international experience preferred
- Commitment to personal learning and professional development. Willingness and desire to learn from failure
- Demonstrated project management skills, with experience supporting complex projects; knowledge of and experience in project management tools and methodologies, a plus
- Personally volunteered with a non profit that you passionately care about
A strong candidate will be:
- Flexible, self-motivated, and curious with sense of humor. Comfortable in unstructured start-up situation that includes developing, designing, and putting in place systems and processes
- Able to work with an eclectic mix of geographically dispersed stakeholders; willing to coordinate among different time zones and be available for periodic early morning or evening calls
- Willing to adapt when necessary; comfortable with ambiguity and empowered to “be the change you seek”
- Intellectually curious, thoughtful, creative, humble, and highly organized
- A top-notch communicator, adept at building and maintaining trust-based and productive relationships with a wide range of organizations and individuals, including grantees, funding partners, and Atlassian employees
More about our team
The Atlassian Foundation has twelve members from all over the world – Australia, USA, India, The Philippines and Amsterdam.
We believe we have a responsibility to tackle disadvantage both locally (the communities where we work) and globally. We also believe in the transformational power of both education and business as forces for good. Our strategy has three pillars:
“EDUCATE”Our focus on education exists to help ensure disadvantaged young people (up to age 24) have the skills they need to thrive in the 21st century: – Core academic skills – Social and emotional skills – Digital skills – Entrepreneurial skills- Vocational skills
“ENLIST”We bring out the best of business, by building the Pledge 1% movement.
“ENERGISE”We create energy and reduce friction, so that every Atlassian can make the biggest difference in their local communities. To do this, we empower each Atlassian with five days per year of Foundation Time to volunteer and make an impact!
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.