Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we’re growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let’s change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
About the role:
Kraken is changing the world. Like to join us?
In less than a decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2018 to almost 1200 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
Last year we raised capital at a $4 billion valuation and have been profitable since 2016. Not only that, Kraken has just become the first crypto company to be granted a banking license in the US.
Our People team is called the Krakenite Experience (KX) team, and we aim to become a world leader in People Experience. We are now hiring a KX Operations Manager to join our diverse and forward‐thinking global company. The KX Operations Manager will add value to Kraken by ensuring that the Krakenite Experience is world class from their first days as a Krakenite all the way through their entire Kraken lifecycle. The KX Operations Manager will have top level support to iterate on or build from scratch awe inspiring, best-in-class people programs and initiatives.
This is a great opportunity for an HR professional who has already thrived in creating the best‐in‐class people experiences in high‐growth organizations and who wants to get involved in an industry that is changing the world!
The KX Operations Manager will oversee, build, and coach a globally distributed team on the following core areas:Performance Management Offboarding & Exit InterviewsGlobal Mobility Program Career PathingHR Investigations and Conflict ResolutionHR General Requests (i.e. HR ticketing system)Krakenite Engagement Additional programs/policies/processes relating to the mid and end of the Krakenite life cycle
- Lead the adoption, communication, and coaching of managers & teams on the above core areas
- Supervise, coach, and develop a globally distributed HR operations team
- Assist in driving the development and maintenance of HR policy and procedural documents
- Drive the Ops team to create in-depth analyses of feedback and outcomes that demonstrate a forward thinking, action oriented, and flexible approach to iterations
- Provide expert level support to our Visa/Immigration needs and drive the development of a Mobility policy and program
- Research, implement, and promote new or creative processes and policies regarding the mid and end of the Krakenite lifecycle
- Conduct and oversee investigations to ensure the successful resolution of Krakenite Relations issues in a timely, well-documented manner
- Maintain the highest level of integrity, professionalism, fairness, and confidentiality regarding HR personnel matters and job performance
- Foster productive relationships with other departments (especially Legal, Finance, and Business Operations & Strategy)
- Provide proactive thought leadership on best practices when it comes to people systems and operations that enhance the overall Krakenite experience
- Ensure that in all things the Krakenite Experience is at the forefront
- 5+ years of international HR experience with at least 2 of the 5 years in a leadership role
- Thorough knowledge of international employment-related laws, regulations, and compliance requirements
- Experience managing mobility programs and supporting Visa/Immigration requirements and processes
- Proven experience in HR policy and procedural documentation development, drafting, and maintenance
- Understanding of HRIS systems design, HR reporting, workflow, and auditing requirements
- Ability to manage multiple critical priorities/projects without losing attention to detail or a positive attitude
- Completely at ease in an ever changing fast paced ambiguous environment
- Extremely flexible, open-minded, and creative when it comes to developing and maintaining HR protocols
- Relentlessly devoted to the ‘people experience’ in all things
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Tech-savvy with an appreciation for privacy, security, “crypto values”, sound money, and can get along well with other Krakenites
Nice to have
- Experience with Workday strongly preferred
- Has personally used cryptocurrency
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://jobs.lever.co/kraken. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us:Watch “Working at Kraken” Follow us on TwitterCatch up on our blogFollow us on LinkedIn
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.