What if everyone got on the same page? This is something we ask ourselves everyday at Bananatag.
We believe great communication is at the heart of every business and we’re here to help companies make meaningful internal communication easy. Because when employees are informed and engaged, they’re happier and they do better work.
Who we are
Bananatag is an employee communication platform that allows users to save time by managing their email, Slack and MS Teams messages from a single tool. Our industry-leading email designer helps teams to collaborate in real-time on branded, engaging content, then explore analytics to understand the impact their messages are having.
Are you our next Communications Specialist? We’re looking for someone with roughly (5+) years of industry experience to join our amazing Marketing team. Reporting to our Senior Communications Manager, you’ll help us grow and engage our audiences by leading the strategy and day-to-day management of our external and internal channels, including social channels, our global community for communicactors – Comms-unity, our corporate intranet and company newsletter – Appeeling News.
Both externally and internally, you will help us build community and bring people together.
As a Communications professional that is equal parts a strategist and a creative innovator, you’ll design and execute engaging campaigns that build community and drive brand affinity, inside the company and out.
Bananatag has a positive, diverse, and evolving culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, impactful. If this sounds like a good fit for you, skim the rest and apply now.
What you’ll be up to:
- Build our reputation as the go-to thought leader in Internal Comms for insightful content and connection
- Craft digital strategy that emphasizes community building across all channels
- Build awareness of our product among key audiences
- Lead digital engagement on Comms-unity, and develop initiatives to spark organic conversation among members
- Manage all brand social channels: LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram & Facebook
- Leverage our internal audiences and external partners to expand our digital reach
- Manage our Corporate intranet and monthly internal newsletter, from strategy to content development and execution
- Regularly revise our channel strategies to maximize growth and engagement
- Plan and execute regular social campaigns to drive engagement across channels
- Translate the brand attributes we’re known for: 1) fun, 2) approachable, 2) professional, and 4) engaging into all activities online
- Regularly report on channel metrics, including growth and engagement, and make recommendations for continuous improvement
- Build our executives’ presence on social media, leveraging their networks and expertise to contribute to our brand
What you’ll come with:
- You know people, and you’re comfortable sparking conversation online
- You’re an excellent communicator and writer, who can craft compelling copy that grabs your audience’s attention quickly (bonus points if we see this in your cover letter!)
- You’ve developed a social media strategy from scratch, including audience research, business goal, creative recommendations and measurement strategy
- You’re experienced scheduling content to social channels using a tool like Hubspot (or similar) and using reports to analyze your impact
- You’ve grown a corporate social media presence through excellent content and active, daily community engagement
- You’re experienced at editing a corporate intranet or a similar CMS
- Asset: Experience managing a digital community like Comms-unity
- 5+ years in a communications role
- Competitive salaries with regular compensation reviews
- Company stock options
- Comprehensive extended benefits package (health, dental, and vision) from day one.
- A progressive ‘Employee Assistance Program’ through Babylon (owned by Telus) Telemedical access to doctors, therapists, and dietitians.
- Group Registered Savings Plan program (RRSP)
- 4 weeks of vacation for everyone
- We are a ‘remote first’ workplace now, but have nice offices in Kelowna & Vancouver if that’s your thing, or even something in between. But require you to be eligible to work in Canada.
- We invest in professional development for you lifelong learners.
- Authority, accountability, and autonomy to succeed at your own pace. A team that embraces knowledge sharing and wearing different hats. There are no lordships and fiefdoms here
- We’re serious about diversity, inclusion and representation. We’ve created a task force to make sure that we’re not just talking the talk, but also walking the walk. Our stance is below
- We surprise and delight our employees from time-to-time, you’ll just have to trust us. 😉
Our belief on Diversity and Inclusion: Diversity is Appealing
Did you know there are over 1000 different kinds of bananas out there? Each one brings something unique to the table, just like our people. We love that we’re all different; however, we have to admit that not all have been treated equally in the past. Bananatag promises that however you identify you will always have equal access and opportunity to succeed.
Our belief on Equity: Pay Parity
We believe in gender pay parity. We’ve taken a public pledge and worked to eradicate gender pay gaps (and gaps in other areas of diversity). We’re committed to bi-annual reviews and making corrections if we fall off track. Our aim is always a $1 to $1 ratio among all Bananas.
We’re certain that at Bananatag you’ll be able to have impact and create an inspiring career.
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.