Outschool’s mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We believe the best way to do that is by linking learning to kids’ interests, connecting them with others who share those interests, and giving them the autonomy to pick their own path. We provide small group classes that meet over live video chat where learners are connected with teachers and classmates who share their interests. These classes are offered through our marketplace and conducted on our remote learning platform.
We’re an experienced team with past accomplishments at Airbnb, Square, Apple, Uber, Udemy, Amazon, Google, and many startups. Outschool’s team came together because we wanted to make a difference in education and saw the opportunity to empower learners, teachers, and parents. We value lifelong learners from all perspectives and walks of life, and we hold bringing others in as a core value of our company. We are committed to building a team that can bring a variety of both life and professional experiences to their role.
Now, in the face of mass school closures, our product and expertise has become central to many more families and organizations than ever before. We’re committed to access and impact so we founded outschool.org to offer financial assistance to families in need.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing & executing the strategy for Outschool’s Employer Partnerships function. This is an exciting opportunity to spearhead a new and fast-growing business unit within Outschool. Our Employer Partnerships program launched in Summer 2020 and allows employers to offer Outschool as a benefit to their teams. We believe that employer partnerships will be a crucial driver of company growth in the years ahead, and you will be responsible for building this business from the ground up. We are looking for someone who can own & drive this new function and who gets enjoyment & satisfaction from both the high-level strategizing and detailed execution. We are looking for a strong track record of heading up Sales & Marketing teams with big goals, excellent people & communication skills, and the desire to transform how our society thinks about education.
The right fit for this role has experience directing teams in high-growth environments (scaling from 0-100 people) and enjoys the process of people management. We are interested in those with a track record of success in Sales & Partnerships, both as an individual contributor and as a team leader. We are looking for someone who can think differently, be creative, and has strong interpersonal skills who listen deeply, and seeks to understand the obstacles of others. You also enjoy developing relationships, empowering your team, and are known for being motivated, patient, and tenacious.
- Own and drive strategy & implementation to ensure the success of Outschool’s new employer partnerships business line
- Set audacious goals for the Employer Partnerships team, and work with creativity and perseverance to exceed those goals
- Empower a team of Sales & Account Managers, with a focus on developing your team members as we grow our business
- Create strategies to reach more employers through inbound and outbound marketing efforts
- Position Outschool as a thought leader in the HR / Benefits space, particularly around the important issues of supporting working parents and supporting kids’ continued learning through the pandemic
- Create the playbook for ensuring that each partnership is successful after the program has launched to employees, with a focus on generating excitement about and utilization of Outschool as a benefit
- Partner with Product, Outschool.org, and other teams across the company to ensure the success of the Employer Partnerships business line
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Experience developing and executing Sales & Marketing strategies
- Experience leading & managing a Sales & Partnerships team
- Ability to develop a vision for your team –– and then to communicate that vision to team members, and turn it into a reality
- Ability to balance long term strategy and tactical execution
- Experience developing others and setting the tone for a positive, engaging, and high-functioning team culture
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and creative thinking skills
- Experience working with HR & Benefits heads and understanding the needs and difficulties of bringing on new partners
- Experience guiding teams that sell to HR & Benefits departments is a plus
- A passion for Outschool’s mission that shines through in conversations with team members & partners: you care about learning and education and want to make it better
OUTSCHOOL CARES:At Outschool, we believe that taking care of one another enables us to do our best work. To us that means:° Shared Financial Success: Competitive salaries, stock options, and a 401k that makes saving for retirement easier.° Health and Wellness: Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage options for employees and their families. Our medical benefits include fertility and family planning coverage. We also provide employees with online access to coaching and therapy sessions through our partner, ModernHealth.° PTO and Family Benefits: PTO and family leave enable our team to take the time that we need to recharge, relax, and spend time with family and friends.° Remote First: With over 50% of our team distributed across the US and Canada, we create a remote culture through expensable weekly meals, virtual events, expensable home office setup, and internet allowance.° Lifelong Learners: Annual budgets to self-direct our professional development as well as DEI learning. There’s also a budget for employees’ learners to take classes on Outschool!° Community Impact: Outschool matches employee donations to established 501c3s, and has committed to donating $3M to Outschool.org non-profit programs.
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and a competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.
Must be a citizen or legal resident of the U.S. or Canada and reside in U.S. or Canada.
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.