We are looking for a fabulous person to manage and lead the cluster management team at Couchbase. The cluster management team is responsible for developing and maintaining the core distributed system in the distributed database that is Couchbase Server. You will be exposed to distributed configuration management, consensus protocols, failure detection, failover management and high availability, service management, topology and system configuration distribution, data placement and replication management. You will operate right at the heart of Couchbase Server and be involved in all the important architectural-level decisions relating to the future of Couchbase Server.
The team you’ll manage is based in Santa Clara, HQ which is the desired location for this role. However, if you are familiar with distributed management, we would be happy to consider you provided you are based in the West Coast USA- Pacific Time zone. #LI-RemoteUS
- Manage and lead the team responsible for the research and development of world-class distributed infrastructure.
- Work with Product Management and technical & Engineering leaders to define the vision for the evolution of the cluster manager.
- Collaborate with Quality Engineering to ensure the shipment of high-quality software through comprehensive testing at a variety of levels using appropriate frameworks.
- Plan for the future, and as-needed hire great people into the cluster management team to ensure its continued importance as a component at the center of Couchbase Server.
- You’re a self-motivated, independent, and high-performance person. You learn quickly and you enjoy worthy challenges.
- You’re intelligent and sharp on your computer science fundamentals.
- You have been a developer and have a lot of experience developing production-quality software (10+ years). It’s likely you’ve also played the role of technical lead or architect at some point in your career.
- You have probably managed people before and you enjoy working with talented engineers to build impactful software.
- You are attracted to the idea of working lower in the stack, and enjoy the idea of needing to figure out how TCP actually works or what really happens in the Linux virtual memory system.
- You love distributed systems.
- You are fun to be around, easy-going and optimistic.
Couchbase’s mission is to be the platform that accelerates application innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created an enterprise-class, multi-cloud NoSQL database architected on top of an open source foundation. Couchbase is the only database that combines the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, all in a single, elegant platform spanning from any cloud to the edge. Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:* A fantastic culture* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions* Great market opportunity and growth potential* Time off when you need it. * Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.* Open, collaborative spaces. * Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we’ll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:*2020 Bay Area Best Place to Work*Wealth Front Career-Launching Companies List 2020*Couchbase Named a Leader: Forrester Wave Big Data NoSQL Report*Deloitte Technology Fast 500 2019*Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startup 2018*Big Data 100: 35 Coolest Data Management And Integration Vendors
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.