About the company and who we are:
Divbrands is a global, remote working e-commerce company. We focus on data-driven decision-making to launch unique D2C apparel brands to specific audiences across the globe. Because of our intense research and targeting process, we only launch when we know a brand will succeed. With employees from 15 different countries, we embody a company culture that is vibrant, diverse, playful, and performance-driven. We research, develop, and build our brands on “impulse” marketing platforms. We specialize in creative production, with regional creative hubs that make agile, data-backed creatives that convert sales. Each brand, product, and piece of creative content is “glocalised” for our various local, regional, and nationally diverse customers around the globe. We believe that online shopping behavior never stays the same. That’s why we focus on algorithmic predictions and machine learning technology to forecast demand and product engagement across categories. Traditional brands, as we know them, are in transition. Consumers are faced with a rapidly changing social, economic, and retail environment – and this demands that brands become versatile, data-based, and driven by actual user behavior. Divbrands has been doing this for over three years – our mission is to achieve the most satisfying e-commerce experience for the modern shopper, wherever they are.
About the role in a nutshell:
As part of the marketing team, you’ll be responsible for developing video treatments, directing and filming content and editing material.
- Establish a clear understanding of the narrative and purpose of each video, including key features to highlight and channel performance considerations.
- Collaborate with the Art Director and Copywriter to conceptualise and develop video treatments including script, composition, lighting, cast, sound and editing considerations.
- Outline technical requirements to deliver on treatments and work with the production coordinator to source where required.
- Edits and assembles final visual/audio material; ensuring consistency and relevance to brief and monitoring technical quality of the end product.
- Work with the production coordinator to ensure timely delivery of all video requirements.
- Academic competencies –English
- Workplace competencies: Team player, Strong Planning & Organization skills, Adaptability & Flexibility.
- Industry-specific competencies
- Industry wide: Fashion & Footwear
- E-commerce: Creative & Marketing (advantageous)
- Personal Effectiveness – collaborative, accountable, decisive,
Job specific qualification requirements
Proficient in delivering assets for a variety of channels.
Strong planning & organization skills
- Education (minimum education level) – N/A
- Experience on comparable positions – 5+ years
- Languages – English (native)
- Region – Cape Town, South Africa
- Industries – Fashion e-commerce, Agencies producing video & stills content
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.