Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We’re headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We’re looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.
About the Role:
Imperfect Foods is growing quickly, and our Grocery team is seeking an Inventory Buyer to oversee and maintain ideal inventory levels for all grocery products (Branded and Private Label) in assigned categories across all Fulfillment Centers. The ideal candidate will deliver the right products at the right time while ensuring profitability, efficient turns supporting assortments. The Inventory Buyer will work closely with our operations teams to facilitate product flow into our fulfillment centers. If you’re pumped to use your expertise to help Imperfect achieve our goal to be the “first and favorite” grocery shop for the majority of our customers, we want to hear from you!
- Meet in-stock level goals while maintaining warehouse turns
- Prioritize, maintain, and place purchase orders on a weekly basis
- Track and communicate out-of-stock positions and supplier fill rates
- Responsible for tracking of weeks of supply on hand, and handling freight and product invoice reconciliation
- Be a liaison between suppliers and our warehouses, promoting timely deliveries
- Answer and accelerate Customer Service requests as needed
- Coordinate item setup and launch dates with Merchandisers
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience in food procurement or fast-paced product line
- Experience working with retailers and direct suppliers is helpful
- You excel in a fast-growing company/start-up environment
- Ability to analyze sales trends, pricing, and margins
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets and have a firm understanding of ERP, WMS, and Inventory systems
- Stellar time-management skills and outstanding problem-solving abilities
- Love to negotiate with suppliers and coordinate with operations to facilitate seamless freight movement
- Highly collaborative and enjoy working cross-functionally
- Reliant on facts, analysis, and feedback to inform decision-making
- Impassioned to advance the sustainability and social responsibility of our business
- You’re passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of the Position:
- Full-time exempt position, reporting remotely to the Category Manager
- Candidate can be remotely located within the US
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time
- Occasional movement around the office may be necessary
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
- Occasional travel to new and existing locations may be necessary
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.