60,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world’s most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.
The Apple development team at 1Password is building the next generation of 1Password for macOS, iOS, and iPadOS as part of an effort to define core functionality that’s shared across all platforms.
As a member of the Apple development team, you will be working in Swift and SwiftUI to build new interfaces upon data from the common core library that powers 1Password across all of our platforms. You’ll also be working with members of cross-platform feature teams to help us provide an exceptional experience in all of our applications.
What we’re looking for:
- Strong skills with the Swift programming language, Foundation, UIKit, and AppKit Frameworks
- Knowledge of app and view lifecycles
- Familiarity with Apple’s SwiftUI Framework (experience writing SwiftUI a definite asset)
- Experience with writing for asynchronous APIs
- Familiarity or experience with the Rust programming language
- Ability to offer feedback to team members and help in reviewing and improving each others’ code
- An eye for details in user interfaces and familiarity with Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines
- Willingness to ask for help when needed and help others
What you can expect in your first month:
- Meet and get to know your team and how it fits within the rest of the organization
- Become familiar with the tools and processes that 1Password uses
- Acquire an advanced understanding of the 1Password architecture and how it keeps user data safe and secure
- Investigate and solve minor issues to learn the applications’ architecture
- Become familiar with the codebase and future goals of the product
- Participate in planning and feature development
What you can expect by month 3:
- Influence feature planning and design
- Work independently based on published design and planning specifications
- Critique others’ work and offer constructive suggestions
- Ask and answer questions about your feature from within and outside of the team
- Diagnose bugs from user reports and crash logs
What you can expect by month 6:
- Architect the codebase for your assigned features
- Foresee issues remote APIs before implementation as they pertain to your feature
- Implement from design specifications and provide feedback where necessary
- Answer technical questions about the Mac, iOS, and iPadOS applications from outside of the team
- Assist others when they experience development difficulties
The Apple team is building the next generation of industry-leading apps using Apple’s cutting-edge technologies on macOS, iOS, and iPadOS. Join our team and help us make great apps! — Kevin Hayes
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.