Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We’re headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We’re looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.
About the Role:
Imperfect is looking for an experienced Senior Graphic Designer to complement our in-house merchandising creative & design team: The Greenhouse. You love all aspects of design, but are particularly drawn to packaging, print, and digital (email, social media, landing pages). Your portfolio is strong and showcases all three. Ideally, you’ve worked in-house or agency-side with Creative and Art Directors, crafting designs that are both visually compelling and strategic. In this role, you’ll conceptualize, design, and produce packaging and experiences that resonate with our customers and reflect the personality of the Imperfect brand.
Because this is a senior design position, the expectation is that the ideal candidate will be able to lead design initiatives with little direction and can consistently deliver design excellence. By proactively seeing opportunities for improvement of the business, you will demonstrate design leadership and offer solutions, even when one is not explicitly presented. This position executes the brand seamlessly across all channels and touch-points with a very high level of design detail and consideration to create serious “wow” experiences for all projects.
- Own multi-disciplinary design projects, from concept to implementation
- Design packaging for our private label product range
- Design, layout, and organize creative assets for our merchandising channels. This includes blog layouts, homepage hero assets, and in-shopping merchandising areas
- Maintain and own brand imagery, files, fonts, and all other design-related artwork
- Provide design support to all teams when needed including Brand, Supply, Operations, People, Growth, and Email Marketing
- Ability to mentor a junior designer and ensure their work is high quality and on-brand
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 4-6 years of professional graphic design experience in either an agency or in-house environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in graphic design, fine arts, or related field
- Master level proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Ability to illustrate and sketch
- Experience working within established design systems and brand guidelines
- Ability to work with multiple priorities and meet tight turnaround times
- Knowledgeable of food and beverage packaging, substrates, and packaging printing processes
- Experience in preparing, exporting, and sending accurate files to print
- Innovative and curious, always interested in learning new things
- Flexible, since the startup environment keeps us on our toes
- Kind, since we Lead with Heart at Imperfect
- Ambitious, since this role will shepherd many facets of design at Imperfect
- Strategic, because our designs aren’t one-offs, they’re thoughtfully crafted to complement and support our brand
- Ability to receive and give design feedback/critiques in a group setting and present your work and rationale to key partners
- You’re passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of the Position:
- Full-time, exempt position reporting remotely to the Creative Director of Site Content & Merchandising
- Candidate can be remotely located within the US
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!Opportunity to work from home regularly
- Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time
- Occasional movement around the office may be necessary
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.