About us:Grand Rounds is a new kind of healthcare company. Founded in 2011, the company is on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. The Grand Rounds team goes above and beyond to connect and guide people to the highest quality healthcare available for themselves and their loved ones. Grand Rounds creates products and services that give people the best possible healthcare experience. Named a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds works with inspiring employers and doctors to empower them to be the change agents we need to make our shared vision a reality.
The VP, Clinical Care role is a vital piece of the Grands Rounds mission. The leader is accountable for the clinical care we deliver to our patients. They serve as the leader of our over 130 (and growing) clinicians, make key business decisions regarding the operations of our clinical organization and serve as a leader for our Grand Rounds Medical Group.
This individual has overall responsibility for all aspects of the Clinical organization’s financial, organizational and operational performance, health outcomes, and is accountable to communicate and implement strategic initiatives to meet Grand Rounds goals and objectives. This position reports to the Chief Medical Officer.
- Create and communicate a shared vision for the clinical care organization; and execute on that vision to drive business results and health outcomes.
- Hire, develop and lead a geographically distributed, high performing team of clinical professionals that will deliver exceptional care while meeting quality and delivery targets.
- Point person for physician and clinical staff relations, including resolving medical questions and/or administration problems.
- Participate in strategic business planning for our care organization
- Develops, implements, and monitors financials and budgets. Develops cost/benefit analyses of patient care services and programs.
- Build and leverage internal cross functional, and external, collaborative relationships to achieve company goals.
- Support the product team, data science, analytics, and other departments with defining and implementing the clinical direction for the organization.
- Operationalize the clinical direction in a way that is a positive disruption in the healthcare space, ensures quality patient outcomes, reduces costs and enhances the patient experience.
- Develop and implement strategic goals related to the quality improvement including setting the direction for analytics and development of quality measures.
- Model our culture and values through humility and curiosity.
- Experience attracting, developing and retaining top talent to build a fast-growing, high performing team
- Demonstrated ability leading and managing a geographically distributed team
- Proven ability to effectively communicate a vision and drive results
- Demonstrated ability to assess business needs, design and implement programs and evaluate results
- Experience developing and managing organizational policies, procedures, systems and objectives, including government regulations and compliance requirements
- Proven success making good, timely decisions and managing change in a rapidly changing, sometimes ambiguous environment
- Ability to lead and engage others in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to effectively partner with a diverse sets of stakeholders including leaders in engineering, product and design, go to market and the care operations teams
- Current unrestricted license to practice medicine as MD or DO (board certified as well)
- 12+ years professional experience
- 5+ years professional post-residency experience in direct patient care
- 7+ years experience in an upper management or executive role leading fellow clinicians
- MBA or equivalent business experience preferred
- Experience with leadership in a virtual environment preferred
- Experience partnering with member services in an integrated care setting that delivers whole person services preferred (Whole Person = physical, behavioral, administrative and financial guidance in the area of health care)
This position will be a remote, work from home position and can be located anywhere in the U.S.
—–Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.