Container Solutions is seeking to fill more roles of Engineering Managers.
This senior role would suit someone who has experience with managing other people, coaching and mentoring, leading 1-on-1’s, and has excellent technical experience. We are currently looking for people who are based in EU or NA and have working permits for these places.
The Engineering Manager will manage a group of around 7 Cloud Native Engineers. The primary focus of this engineering manager should be its people. To coach, mentor, and develop their engineers in accordance with CS values.
Engineering Managers play a crucial role in sharing and cultivating the CS culture and ensuring all engineers feel connected to the wider group. You will have a big impact on our core business and our engineering culture both internally and externally.
This role will require a technical/engineering background, in order to be able to advise and coach other engineers through technical challenges. It is intended for engineers who are looking to develop further their managerial and leadership skills. You will report to the CTO, working collaboratively with him. This role will be given the authority, time, and budget necessary for the development of their reports.
- Managing a group of (roughly 7) engineers through coaching, mentoring, feedback, and hands-on career development (through 1on1s and performance reviews).
- Helping with project assignment and onboarding – based on engineers skills and career goals, aligned with the business needs
- Acting as a hiring manager and facilitate the onboarding of new engineers joining the organization
- Nurturing a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with CS values
- Hands-on involvement in engineering for client projects
- Deep understanding of Cloud Native technologies
- Understanding or experience of management practises
- Valid working permit for EU or NA (any applications that don’t meet this criterion will be rejected)
Stage 1: CV sift
Stage 2: Abstract Reasoning Test: this is used to assess analytical abilities.
Stage 3: Technical assignment: used to assess technical skills (building an API, using minikube)
Stage 4: Personality assessment (NEO PI 3): used to predict typical preferences for behaviour related to work
- Situational Judgment test (SJT): this is used to assess how well you respond to management dilemmas, essential for performance and relationship building
- Emotional intelligence questionnaire (EQi): This test measures a set of emotional and social skills that influence the way we perceive and express ourselves; how we develop and maintain social relationships, cope with challenges, and use emotional information in an effective and meaningful way. These assessments will be accompanied by a feedback session with our lead psychologist but is not a sift stage. Questions based on individual profiles will be asked during the final interview.
- Final interview and a short presentation: In the interviews you will be asked questions relating your previous experience. You will also be asked EQi based questions. You will be sent a briefing asking you to prepare a presentation in advance. You will deliver this during the assessment to the panel.
This job ad will close on 14th December, applications coming in after this date will not be considered.
Container Solutions is proud to be committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Container Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please let us know.
remote jobs – Stack Overflow