The Thunderbird team is looking to hire a hardworking senior software engineer. You will help update our code base and craft new features for this already very popular cross platform email client. We’re committed to moving our code base over to using primarily web technologies, and you’ll have a significant part to play in this effort. Contrary to many opportunities elsewhere, you have the opportunity to directly utilize the most groundbreaking developments in the browser engine.
As an engineer at Thunderbird, you will be working with our existing staff and community members from all over the globe. We are key contributors to open source, allowing you to show your skills to the world both on the code level and as a concrete result in improvements on the product.
This is a remote, full time position. We expect excellent written communication skills so as to foster strong work coordination over email, video conferencing, Matrix, and Bugzilla.
You could end up working on:
- Updating the application on UX and technical levels.
- Code and feature improvements in the integrated calendar.
- Crafting tests for operational performance, and addressing performance bottlenecks.
- Integrating some of the best parts of the more popular add-ons into core.
- …and much more.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Dedication to open source and open standards.
- A mission of making a concrete positive impact on the day to day communication experience for tens of millions of users.
- Strong understanding of web technologies.
- Knowledge of C/C++.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with add-ons and previous open source engagement is a plus.
- Experience with calendar systems would be desired, but not a must.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.