The Thunderbird team is growing, and we are looking to hire a dedicated and hardworking engineer to work with us on our ongoing maintenance work as well as feature development.
We’re committed to moving our code base over to using primarily web technologies, and you’ll be an important part of this effort. Contrary to many learning opportunities elsewhere, you’ll have the opportunity to utilize the most groundbreaking developments in the browser engine.
As an engineer at Thunderbird, you will work with our existing staff and community members from all over the globe. We are key contributors to open source, allowing you to show your skills to the world both on the code level and as a concrete result in improvements on the product.
This is a remote, full time position. We expect excellent written communication skills so as to foster strong work coordination over email, video conferencing, Matrix, and Bugzilla.
You could end up working on:
- Localization, moving Thunderbird to using Fluent.
- The ongoing effort of converting our code base towards web technology compliance.
- Integrating some of the best parts of the more popular add-ons into core.
- …and much more.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Dedication to open source and open standards.
- Substantial understanding of web technologies.
- Knowledge of C/C++ is a plus.
- Effective and creative problem-solving skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.