Headquarters: Berlin, Germany
We are looking to hire remote principal engineers as individual contributors to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve Humanitec. You should have significant professional experience in building highly scalable distributed systems. CS degree and experience in dev productivity tools are a plus. Languages: predominantly Go with a few Python services sprinkled in. Everything is on Kubernetes. We pay top 5% in the market, stocks are part of the package. Work is fully remote and we work exclusively with senior engineers in small, lean, and self-organized teams. We currently prefer time-zones UTC-1 to UTC+3.
We’re building the next generation of dev tools to support teams in building and running apps on Kubernetes. This is a new category of tooling called “Internal Developer Platforms”. Pioneered for some time in companies such as Spotify, Github, Airbnb, and others we are providing the fastest way for teams to build their own Internal Developer Platforms. Internal Developer Platforms provide a developer experience as simple as Heroku but on top of the tech and tools the team uses already. They allow ops teams to stay in control while enabling developers to self-serve the tech they need. Do you want to spin up an environment to do some quick testing? No problem! Need to clone Production to troubleshoot an issue without risking more problems? Easy! Need to stand up a new database for your service but ops is busy? Piece of cake! We have our first version out the door and have happy customers using the product in production.
The majority of our company are engineers. Our management team is made up of Ex-Google, Ex-Mckinsey, and serial entrepreneurs. We’re backed by experts in the DevOps space such as Sohaib Abbasi (Oracle, Redhat, New Relic) and Mirco Novakovic (Instana, recently acquired by IBM).
We’re looking for people who could land a job at the likes of Google, Amazon, or Microsoft – but prefer the excitement, challenge, and daring of being part of a disruptive startup. We focus on your talents and personality – your background, origin, or gender will never make a difference to us.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of software development experience.
- Software development experience in C/C++, C#, Java, Python, Go, or similar.
- Experience architecting and developing solutions to ambiguous problems with significant impact.
- Experience with infrastructure technologies, architecting/developing distributed systems, API design, and Kubernetes.
- Experience with how DevOps tools work under the hood (CI pipelines, Terraform, Application Performance Management (e.g. DataDog), etc.).
- Remote & work from a timezone UTC-1 to UTC+3 (Berlin time +/- 2 hours).
Responsibilities of the role:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve the software.
- Lead designs of major software components, systems, and features.
- Build our platforms, systems, and infrastructure using your background in distributed systems, API design, and Kubernetes.
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques and coding standards.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/humanitec-gmbh-principal-backend-engineer
We Work Remotely: Remote jobs in design, programming, marketing and more