At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
The Senior Cyber Risk Management Engineer will develop and implement enterprise information security solutions to address the current and emerging security needs of the business. This role requires control assessments of complex enterprise-scale information security problems in the context of regulations, standards, contractual, and business requirements. In addition to operating and developing Cyber Risk Assurance services, the Senior Cyber Risk Management Engineer is expected to provide advisory services to internal customers, stakeholders, and partners.
How you will make an impact:
- Develops processes, documentation templates, and implements tooling to enable security service delivery.
- Serves as a security expert in business process design, application development, database design, network, and/or platform and operating system efforts, helping project teams comply with enterprise and IT security policies, industry regulations, and best practices. Engages with security specialists, solutions architects and other functional area specialists to ensure adequate enterprise security solutions are in place to sufficiently mitigate identified risks, and to meet business objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Analyzes business impact and exposure based on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities, and risks and contribute to the development and maintenance of information security strategy and architecture.
- Assesses the effectiveness of cybersecurity capabilities, both internal to the organization and at third parties, provide guidance on effectively managing the risk of ineffective capabilities, and influence decision making by educating business stakeholders on the risk.
- Works with Solution Architects, other functional area specialists and security specialists to ensure adequate security solutions are in place for IT systems and platforms to mitigate identified risks sufficiently and support business objectives. Serves as a cybersecurity subject matter expert, assessing the business impact of cybersecurity risks to the solution and identifying options and recommendations for mitigating those risks.
- Communicates and interacts effectively and professionally with co-workers, management, internal and external customers and partners. Communicates cybersecurity risks and solutions to various technical and non-technical audiences and levels of management. Maintains communication with management regarding development within areas of assigned responsibilities and perform special projects as required or requested. Continuously tracks and reports the status of all development efforts.
- Develops strong working relationships with and offer continuous assistance and thought leadership to other contributors in the information technology organization.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with suppliers and business partners in the information security industry.
- Educates, coaches, and mentors junior members of the team on technical, interpersonal, and team dynamics, company policy & procedures, and other topics.
- Supports and collaborates with other Engineers through evaluation, design analysis, and development phases.
- Maintains knowledge, ensures competency and compliance with policies and procedures in order to be the technical expert while collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- This list is not all-inclusive and you are expected to perform other duties as requested or assigned.
What we look for:
- 4+ years of experience along with a Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree is preferred/nice to4+ years of combined hands-on IT and security architecture development and implementation work experience with a broad exposure to infrastructure/network and multi-platform environments.
- 2+ years of experience in information security solution engineering and security assessment service delivery.
- Complete and working understanding of information security and appropriate use enforcement technology solutions including advanced malware detection/prevention, mobile device virtualization/MDM, cloud security management, structured and unstructured database encryption, mobile application and remote API security, fine-grained application authorization and access control, security event visualization, and others.
- Working understanding of contemporary security theory and application (including vulnerabilities, exploitation techniques and attack vectors).
- Understanding of systems development lifecycle to lead multifunctional projects or initiatives.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, and standards relevant to the US Healthcare industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including technical writing, procedure creation, and documentation development). Must be able to effectively communicate security concepts to a technical audience.
- Able to understand moderately complex written and oral instructions.
- Ability to clearly present complex/security subjects and findings to technical staff and management.
- Strong Exceptional technical writing skills including documentation development, process mapping, and visualization
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and ‘think on the fly’.
- Ability to interact well with co-workers and outside contacts.
- Knowledge of security principles, issues, techniques and implications across all existing computer platforms.
- Preferred certifications in one or more areas such as CISSP, GIAC, CISA, CRISC, or CICA.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
Due to COVID-19, there is an even greater demand for flexibility and change. Due to the pandemic, the expectation around work location for certain roles may be remote until a future date, determined by Delta Dental Management. Should the position you seek be determined by Delta Dental Management as “remote,” the position may require you to have access to remote internet in order to meet the expectations outlined in the job duties.
At Delta Dental we:Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
Follow us @lifeatDDins on Instagram, lifeatDDins on Facebook, @lifeatDDins on Twitter ABOUT Delta DentalDelta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. Our vision is to motivate and empower every employee so we’re all inspired to take exceptional care of our customers, providers and each other. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation. We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country. Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other classification protected by federal or state law. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be provided if selected for hire.
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.