We are seeking a Principal Software Engineer – Mobile, Team Lead to help take our application and tech stack to the next level. We’re looking for a dynamic individual who is no stranger to building well-designed, performant and effective mobile applications that support complex business rules/flows. You will start by learning from the experience of our current team and our current offerings and become intimately familiar with our web application and current mobile tech stack. As you improve in your understanding of our business logic, you will contribute your frontend expertise, helping us evaluate and architect the best frontend technology to adapt to by working with our architecture group and adding more features to our product. You will leverage your experience to establish best practices for development and drive the team and the codebase to a higher level.
The ideal candidate will look not only to help lead, collaborate, and develop their career, but also be hungry to assist others in their development as well. You’ll have the opportunity to set the tone of the platform you’ll be working on.
What You’ll Do
- Drive front end architectural decisions to develop a maintainable and reliable set of mobile applications
- Work closely with UX and Product Management to develop friendly UI experiences
- Collaborate with other team members to build shared services that can serve many applications and scale independently
- Enable our product team to tap into our valuable data sources and build incredible features for our customers
- Actively participate in all development projects and work together to build high quality solutions
- Present ideas in the form of lunch and learns to all technical staff to help shape our technical landscape
- Provide constructive feedback on pull requests to increase code quality organically
- Ensures software developed adheres to best practices and quality standards through code and design reviews
- Possesses ability to multitask and juggle competing priorities, work on multiple sub-projects simultaneously dealing with multiple stakeholders
Your First 90 Days
Within your First 30 Days
- Immerse yourself in our culture, our product and our tech stack
- Attend Unanet University course offerings to get trained on Unanet product features
- Work with our Tech Lead and other architecture team members to understand our current product architecture, standards and development tools
- Introducing new frontend technologies to our tech stack by building proof of concepts and present the same to various technical stakeholders
- You will create front end technical roadmap that takes scalability, testing and performance into account and present a gap analysis of what can potentially be done better based on our current solution
- You will work within the frameworks of our efficient and effective SDLC process
Within your First 60 Days
- As a Principal Engineer, you will start work with your team to create and help work on a backlog of technical infrastructure work that was identified in your first 30 days, including the adoption of the newly identified tech for our product deliverables
- With Product Management, you will co-create a backlog of work to be tackled in order to systematically add new features from which the entire team can pull work items from
Within your First 90 Days
- You will play an integral part in our UX revamp deliverables
- You will help instill the discipline of effectively monitoring and creating work items from our SDLC process, including monitoring issues in our lower environments
- You will continuously evolve and uplift our tech stack by continuing to evolve the technical roadmap and future deliveries
- You will help mentor and train other engineers on the frontend framework
- You will play an influential role in helping hire future members of our Product Team
Who You Are
We look for engineers that share our passion for building and scaling cutting-edge mobile apps in a fast-paced, startup environment – one that already has the benefit of thousands of customers and millions of dollars in revenue.
- 7+ years’ experience developing mobile applications, with having contributed to at least two (2) mobile apps in the app store today
- 2+ years’ experience leading web or front-end application teams
- 4+ years using Ionic
- 5+ years using Angular or similar frontend framework
- Ability to flesh out user stories to be consumed by the rest of the team
- Ability to work full stack, with a keen eye for UI
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Excellent technical design, problem solving and debugging skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with team members remotely
- Catalyst-mindset (i.e., the ability to tangibly see the future and influence the people and tech stack that you work with)
- 3+ years’ experience in .Net or comparable language
- A testing-first mindset and hands on experience working with a robust CI pipeline
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent engineering degree
- We are a Team. Employees, customers, and partners working together.
- We are Customer-Focused. Customers are the heart of everything we do.
- We are Driven. Seeking exceptional outcomes.
- We Own our Success. Every employee has a stake in our company.
- We do the right thing and have fun in the process.
Unanet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws.
remote jobs – Stack Overflow