Principal Engineer, Cloud R&D, Health
Plantation, FL, or USA-based remote
As Principal Engineer, Cloud R&D, Health, you are responsible for the implementation of cloud-based methods and mechanisms to support spatial health computing paradigms. You will own and architect the cloud-side implementations needed to support biomarker algorithms, telehealth mechanisms, and other spatial computing methodologies. You will work closely with program management, the health platform, algorithms, systems, applications, and regulatory teams, to ensure the development and implementation of an efficient and robust clinically validated platform.
- Explore, architect, design, develop, implement, and test cloud-side methods, modules, and libraries to support health and medical technology applications.
- Provide support and knowledge of cloud software implementation in the implementation of a comprehensive strategy for partners and end users.
- Design and implement production-level data repositories, data ingestion and storage mechanisms, algorithms, and data analysis solutions to support health and wellness applications.
- Coordinate closely with the health platform lead to ensure smooth implementation of cloud-side methods for a software development kit for health applications.
- Assist business segment leaders and systems engineering in capturing and understanding customer needs and translating them into system requirements.
- Interface with hardware and software teams to ensure that needed features are understood, investigated and scoped into the product roadmap.
- Design and implement cloud-side software, establish SDLC processes, and write documentation compliant with HIPAA, GDPR, medical cybersecurity, and other applicable regulations and design controls.
- Coordinate closely with Software Security to ensure use of strong encryption, authentication, authorization, and access control mechanisms, and other cybersecurity requirements and best practices.
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test driven principles to develop high quality algorithms and services.
- Work closely with Software Security, User Experience, Hardware, Software, Business Development, Product, Clinical and Regulatory teams to implement a robust platform for spatial health.
- 10+ years of industry experience as a software developer, coding & debugging in C/C++, C#, Java, Python, and/or Golang within a cloud environment.
- 8+ years of experience architecting and deploying cloud-based data management solutions.
- 5+ years of experience working in healthcare, medical device, and/or SaMD development.
- Strong foundation in cloud computing environments such as AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Strong foundation in containerization and deployment in engines such as Kubernetes.
- Expertise with blockchain implementations is highly desirable.
- Know-how and experience in audiovisual communication frameworks a strong plus.
- Knowledge of deep learning frameworks, especially TensorFlow, a strong plus.
- Strong foundation in databases, data modeling and data management required.
- Experience in the implementation and productization of software solutions for measurement and monitoring of health and medical applications is a strong plus.
- Experience working in medical device regulated industry (FDA, EU MDD/MDR, HIPAA/GDPR, cybersecurity, IEC 62304) required
- Strong experience with software practices such as source control, testing, code review. Knowledge of git is highly desirable.
MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar required. Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related preferred
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.