Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We’re headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We’re looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
About the Role:
This newly created position will play a key role in creating and executing diversity, equity, and inclusion priorities at Imperfect Foods. The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Program Manager will drive the development, design, and implementation of initiatives that foster a diverse and inclusive workplace culture and enhance the ability to recruit, develop and retain a high-performing, diverse workforce. This person is a passionate DEI champion who will proactively support Imperfect Foods’ DEI business strategy objectives.
- Work closely with the VP of People and other internal stakeholders to define and deliver Imperfects DEI vision, strategy, goals, and priorities across the business and build a culture of inclusion
- Design and deliver the DEI program and events to build inclusion and allyship
- Develop processes along with a communications repository, SOPs, etc. required for program rollouts
- Maintain awareness of DEI best practices and industry standards
- Work cross-functionally with the Talent Department to enhance Imperfects DEI recruitment process, build toolkits, collateral and track goal progress to ensure impactful results
- Lead the DEI Board, define the structure and responsibilities
- Serve as the employee resource group (ERGs) subject matter expert; support leaders to help drive group initiatives, assist with planning and program budgeting; Coordinate the development of new ERGs and group guidelines; develop & monitor metrics
- Partner with People Business Operations Manager to coordinate and deliver impactful DEI training
- Ability to analyze various types of human resources data and identify trends
- Work closely with outside DEI organizations, developing professional partnerships
- Represent the company in meetings with internal and external stakeholders, where appropriate
- Use your energy, HR expertise, and business acumen to establish a trusted partnership with a diverse set of employees across the business
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of DEI, HR, or program management experience; with a full or partial focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Experience working with employee resource groups
- Strong program and project management skills; ability to operationalize and scale programs
- Experience leading programs from ideation, pilot and experimentation, to execution and evaluation establishing program requirements, using data and metrics to determine interventions
- Increasingly progressive experience in a Human Resources discipline neighboring Diversity, Equity & Inclusion such as HR business partner, talent acquisition, learning & development, organizational effectiveness, and/or change management preferably in a high-growth business
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to think strategically and creatively while exercising good judgment in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively manage multiple work streams
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize time-sensitive responsibilities. Ability to multi-task with solid organizational skills, ability to manage ambiguity in the workplace, and apply problem-solving skills
- You will bring high high-energy and a results-oriented, collaborative mindset to the People team
- You’re passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of Position:
- Full-time, exempt position reporting to the VP of People
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package includes healthcare, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Domestic travel as necessary
- Remote first opportunity
- Candidate can work remotely if permanent residence is in the US
- Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time
- Occasional movement around the office may be necessary
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Standing desks and / or other ergonomic accommodation is available upon request
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.