The front page of the internet, Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
Feeds & Search are our most viewed product surfaces, and a huge responsibility for the shepherds of these surfaces. This role will encompass ownership of the end to end UI/UX experiences that expose the latest advancements in Feeds & Search technologies at Reddit. Furthermore, this is an opportunity to work closely with ML and Search practitioners to deliver a Feeds & Search user experience that is safe, performant and engaging.
Reddit is looking for an Engineering Manager capable of leading a team of cross-platform fullstack and client engineers. You will work closely with Product Managers, ML Engineers, and Search Engineers to deliver best in class user experiences that will advance Reddit’s efforts to bring community and belonging to everyone on the planet. Furthermore, you will help to build and scale the team, as well as implement engineering best practices to ensure the consistent delivery of best in class Feeds & Search experiences.
This is a rare opportunity to help build a team that will own the “front page of the internet” as well as the Search experience for Reddit, one of the largest social media platforms on the planet.
- Lead a rapidly growing team of frontend engineers by hiring, mentoring, and inspiring.
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, and other engineering managers to plan product and business strategy, and to build novel products and features that our half-billion users will love.
- Lead the design and implementation of the next generation of Reddit Feeds & Search experiences
- Champion and drive engineering processes and best practices
- Participate in the full development cycle: design, development, QA, experimentation, analysis, and launch. You’ll be reviewing code, writing design docs, giving feedback on product specs and mocks, and generally helping out wherever is needed.
- 3-5 Experience building and managing high performing engineering teams.
- Experience as a Software Engineer developing user-facing web applications at scale, using TypeScript, React and Redux.
- Strong focus on user experience and usability. You are an undying advocate for the user, and you have a deep intuition for how people think and how they interact with software. Experience with social or e-commerce is a huge plus. It’s wild out here.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. On our team, everyone needs to act like a startup CEO. You must be self-directed, innovative, and biased towards action in fast-paced environments. You live to build new things and thrive in ambiguity and even failure.
- Excellent communication skills. You must be able to collaborate effectively with teams in a fully remote environment, and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.