Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The Affirm Experimentation Platform (AXP) team empowers Affirm to make smarter, faster product decisions through experimentation. We build a multivariate testing platform and ecosystem that enables our company to effectively understand the impacts that our product changes have on the business.
We are seeking a Staff Software Engineer to lead our efforts growing our experimentation platform and evangelizing our vision of having every product change released as an experiment. You’ll partner deeply with product managers, engineering leads, and other stakeholders across the company to understand their needs and help them ship better products, faster. Our system is high scale, highly visible, and central to the success of Affirm and our engineering team.
What you’ll do
- Partner with product, engineering, and more to understand problems and design solutions
- Architect high scale, high visibility software systems — our system is used by most every team at Affirm and powers most of our product iteration.
- Drive detailed project definition, design, cross-functional alignment, estimation, in addition to task break-down, delivery, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Serve as a technical resource and engineering mentor for other engineers both inside and outside the immediate team.
What we look for
- 6-10+ years of experience as a software engineer with leadership responsibilities and experience mentoring junior engineers.
- Passion for partnering with cross-functional teams including Product, Design, Analytics and Business teams.
- Experience building thoughtfully designed, highly performant HTTP and RPC interfaces
- Product-centric thinking — we care just as much about the product experience (ours, our stakeholders’, and our company’s) as we do the design of our engineering systems.
- Familiarity with experimentation or feature flagging systems is a plus
Technology you will use
- Python / Flask
- HTTP / OpenAPI
- Git / Phabricator
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of Quebec). Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.
If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in Affirm’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2019 D&I report.
We also believe “It’s On Us” to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.