Locations: This role is for candidates located in Sydney, Australia or Bahia Blanca, Argentina. We currently do not provide sponsorships.
Who is SkedGo?
Mobility as a Service (MaaS) is the idea that there’ll be one mobile app which aggregates all forms of transport, public, commercial and private, including planning, bookings and payment. We believe MaaS will be how people organise their commutes as robotaxis and micromobility modes take over the “first and last mile” segments of trip chains. MaaS will significantly contribute to the reduction of emissions as people abandon cars for more carbon-friendly forms of transport.
It is a complex domain and requires switched-on, self-motivated and outstanding people. Are you one of the few who excels in your area? Then talk to us about this role – we have a diverse, global crew and are proud of the friendly atmosphere and flat hierarchy where access to each other is easy.
We work really well as a team and every team member can help shape the way SkedGo evolves. You can have direct impact on products, experiment with new ideas, and be on the forefront of exciting changes in transport that are currently happening.
What we’re looking for
Do you enjoy communicating with team members with a diverse range of background and skills and can you explain complex technical solutions to layperson? Are you able to work under pressure? Do you prefer to work flexible hours? At SkedGo, we have been operating remotely, with teams across the globe, for ten years now. We are looking for an Android Developer who can work independently, but also likes to be part of an experienced, international team.
- Work with cross-functional teams to extend existing apps with client-driven features
- Ensure the performance, quality and responsiveness of features you build
- Ensure strict timelines are met with high quality work
- Write codes that are easy for others to maintain with proper documentation
- Proven experience as an Android app developer (3+ years)
- Proficient in Java and Kotlin
- Experience with RxJava
- Experience with Git.
- Knowledge of continuous integration
- Experience with common software architectures, particularly MVVM
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Experience in testing and UI Automation
- Experience in developing map-related apps
- Full-time position
- Must be available for weekly early morning or evening online meetings to cater for various time zones
- Must be located in Sydney, Australia or Bahia Blanca, Argentina
- Fluent in English
- Please note we currently DO NOT provide sponsorship