At Hopper, we’re on a mission to build the most customer-centric travel company on earth. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing mobile first travel marketplace — one that enables our customers to save money and travel better.
Hopper’s goal is to reduce traveler anxiety throughout all stages of the trip buying and taking process. By creating a transparent travel marketplace and unique, data-driven financial technology products focused on providing peace-of-mind, Hopper adds value along each step of the customer’s journey.
Hopper has launched several bespoke fintech products that leverage our immense first and third-party data to create products and value that do not exist elsewhere – including Refundable and Flexible Tickets and Price Freeze. Thanks to these offerings, Hopper’s revenue growth is up 112% despite the travel slowdown due to COVID-19.
With over $250M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration to becoming the world’s fastest-growing end-to-end customer-centric travel offering.
Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company three years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 50 million times and sees over 1 million new installs per month. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019.
Come take off with us!
Our Hotel relationships are key to the Hopper value proposition to our customers. We’re looking for a rock star Director of Market Management to lead our field based team. We’re expanding fast and our customers demand the best in class. This leader will grow and manage a team of talented sales people who sign and maintain partnership agreements with hotels all over the world. The role requires outstanding sales, management, and analytical skills.
To succeed at Hopper you must have passion for travel and hospitality, love to shop and buy products on your phone, and prefer a start up culture to big company bureaucracy. You should be stimulated by growing and empowering your team and enjoy being in the field managing and developing ongoing relationships. You should also be ambitious about your career and eager to take on expanded responsibilities as Hopper grows.
IN THIS POSITION YOU WILL:
- Own a set of revenue goals related to Hopper’s direct hotel supply partners
- Help develop and deploy Hopper’s direct hotel supply strategy, establishing and prioritising sales targets
- Effectively manage and evaluate sales performance, and mentor the sales team to help them achieve their goals
- Build account engagement plans with the sales team to help win strategic hotel partnerships
- Help the team negotiate complex deals that optimize Hopper’s direct Hotel supply and revenue opportunity
- Internally communicate direct hotel supply needs that support sales priorities and ultimately deliver value to the Hopper customer
- Represent Hopper in the local market, build Hopper’s company profile with key local influencers (e.g. tourism bureau, hotel association, etc.) and provide expertise to the local industry
- Educate Hopper colleagues on market dynamics and specific needs/requests from your portfolio
THE PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the Hospitality industry, with 3+ years managing hotel contracting teams.
- A passion for Travel, Hospitality, and Hopper’s mission. Desire to evangelize Hopper’s message throughout the world
- A track record of consistently meeting or exceeding job performance goals
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Steady career advancement gaining expanded scope and responsibility over time
- A structured, process driven approach to sales and the ability to impart such process on the sales team
- Track record of achieving or exceeding sales goals in a challenging, complex sales environment
- Proven dedication to tracking sales activity through a CRM tool such as salesforce.com
- Built and maintained a motivating variable incentive plan for a sales team
- Closed deals through complex sales engagements that include multiple relationship touchpoints
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills with the ability to distinguish urgent from important work
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to inspire and motivate a diverse, field-based team
- An innovative and detail-oriented approach to problem-solving
- No ego. Strong focus on doing what is right for the customer and the company
BENEFITS:• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options• Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business• 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans• Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options• Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business• 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans• Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
OFFERING REMOTE WORK FROM THE FOLLOWING STATES:
– California- Connecticut- Florida- Georgia- Illinois- Maine- Massachusetts- Missouri- New Jersey- Nevada- New York- Oregon- Rhode Island
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.