Who we are:Loadsmart aims to move more with less. We combine great people and innovative technology to more efficiently move freight throughout North America. Our focus is on designing and building the best tools for our team and our customers, using machine learning algorithms to connect cargo with trucks. By better matching supply and demand, we reduce wasted fuel and lost time, cutting out empty miles for motor carriers and providing instant booking for shippers.
Who you are:You are curious to impact a 700 billion dollar industry of logistics. You are a first-rate software engineer, with experience building products from the browser to the database. You are passionate about developing and you value quality and code maintainability. You like working in a hands-on environment and enjoy teamwork. You are pragmatic and do not pick technologies without considering the benefits for the product and business. You are a thinker and problem solver, not a requirement follower.
The role:We are looking for a Fullstack Engineer to work remotely. You’ll join us in obsessing about transformational technology as part of our Load Operations Squad Group. You should have experience building software from the browser to the database. Our technology stack is based on React for the frontend and Python/Django for the backend.
The squad:We are a growing team of passionate engineers, designers and product managers from all levels. Our mission is to establish a new benchmark for operational efficiency. We have a collaborative work environment, where engineers and other team members from different departments pool their knowledge together to help each other to grow. We value interaction and collaboration more than just coding.
- Together with other team members, be responsible for the whole lifecycle of our products and features, from the conception, specification, development, testing, and maintenance.
- Build modern, efficient, modular, and tested user interfaces using React.
- Build scalable backend solutions using Python and Django.
- Discuss good practices for software development and feel comfortable suggesting contributions to build our set of internal guidelines and shared code.
- Review Pull Requests from the other members of the team.
- Communication. You’re very comfortable communicating in English (both written and spoken) – you will work in an international team with native and non-native English speakers.
- Teamwork. You like to work as a team more than solve problems by yourself.
- Backend. Experience building backend solutions in any language. Interest in working with Python.
- Passion. Be passionate about creating clean, highly maintainable, and structured code, supported by unit and integration tests.
- Troubleshooting. You’re good at identifying the source of bugs, know how to dig into the code that may be causing the outstanding issue, and work to resolve any issues that come up
- Curiosity. You’re keen on learning new technologies and tools as well as evaluating their pros and cons. You’re a pragmatic programmer. You ask questions and are eager to learn more.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or in a related field is preferable but not mandatory.
What you will find here:
- Generous Stock Option Plan
- Competitive Salary
- Building a Rapidly-Growing Tech Company
- International Environment / Career
- Ability to Work with Cutting-Edge Technology
- Access to an Online Learning Platform
Because we are an international company, we only accept resumes in English. At Loadsmart, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Loadsmart treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes, including on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.