Are you excited by the challenge of launching new business initiatives for Amazon in India?
India Consumer Business (ICB) Technology team builds products and services that solve unique customer needs in Amazon’s fastest growing marketplace. We are a multi-billion dollar business with a huge potential to grow in a trillion dollar market. Our engineers own the complete consumer and retail experience for Amazon India, work on a wide range of technologies (including AWS and Machine Learning), build and operate highly scalable, low latency first products and services.
As a Software Development Engineer working in India Retail Experience Team, you will lead designing and building platforms that is configuration driven, self-service capable, to serve the fast growing needs of various businesses at Amazon. These systems play a critical role in enabling the business to launch on time, and handling real time business events and translate them into financial events that could then be persisted onto Financial Systems within Amazon.
As an engineer here, you will be part of a team of high performing engineers to build, scale, monitor, and optimize the platforms that processes these business and financial events. You will interface with several teams including Fulfillment Services, Fees, Taxes, Retail Systems, Marketplace Systems, Invoicing Platform, Digital Systems, Amazon Web Services, Financial Systems, Accounting and Operations.
A successful candidate will be a self-starter and fast learner with an established background in developing high volume and highly available services, strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a dynamic fast paced environment.
Are you excited by the challenge of launching new business initiatives for Amazon in India which is one of the fastest growing Marketplace ? Have you wondered how Amazon ensures accurate financial reporting with millions of transactions happening per day in a Market which has some of the most complex legal and financial regulations !!
If you are looking for an opportunity to build creative technology solutions that positively impact hundreds of millions of international customers, and relish large ownership and diverse technologies, join our team today! You will work with Senior/Principal Engineers at Amazon to evolve the design and architecture of the products owned by this team. You will be responsible to set up and hold a high software quality bar besides providing technical direction to a highly technical team of Software Engineers.
· Work closely with senior engineers to design, implement and deploy applications that impact the Amazon.in business with an emphasis on e-Commerce website development and platform services
· Own the delivery of an integral piece of a system or application
· Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
· Assist directly and indirectly in the continual hiring and development of technical talent.
· Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities synergized with business and project management efforts
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability, or experience building scalable, reliable applications on mobile platforms
· Experience creating advanced architectures and sustainable solutions
· Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs
· Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
· Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
· Highly innovative, self-directed and able to deal well with ambiguous problems
· 8+ years of industry experience.
· 8+ years of programming experience in Java or C++; in Linux, Windows, and/or Mac environment.
· Design/development skills including experience driving projects from concept to prototype to production
· Ability to convert a design document into a working user interface
· BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
· Expertise in delivering high-quality, innovative applications
· Strong desire to build, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
· Excellent written communication and verbal agility
· Prior experience with building and supporting live high-volume transaction processing systems – Familiarity with RDBMS – XML, ion and Web Service concepts – Agile development methodologies – Familiarity with UNIX or Linux systems
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.