There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
Snowflake’s Support team is expanding! We are looking for principal-level support engineers who like working with data and solving a wide variety of issues utilizing their technical experience having worked on various operating systems, database technologies, big data, data integration, connectors, and networking.
Our Builder Support team provides Powered by Snowflake customers with a special level of engagement, guidance, and oversight of the applications they build on Snowflake. As a Principal Cloud Support Engineer, your role is to delight our customers with your passion and knowledge of the Snowflake Data Cloud. Our customers will look to you for technical guidance and for advice in addressing their product usage, application design, and integration. You will be the voice of the customer into Snowflake’s product and engineering teams for product feedback and improvements. You will play an integral role in building knowledge within the team and be part of strategic initiatives for organizational and process improvements. Ideally, you have worked in a 24×7 environment and handled all tiers of support issues.
An experienced Principal Cloud Support Engineer has arguably one of the most impressive confluence of holistic skills in all professions, all of which directly translate to other career choices either within or outside Support, including:
- Strong Customer Advocacy skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills to logically and thoughtfully solve problems
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Strong teaming skills in a highly-collaborative and global environment
- Drive technical solutions to complex problems providing in-depth analysis and guidance to Snowflake’s customers and partners using the following methods of communication: email, web, and phone
- Adhere to response and resolution SLAs and escalation processes in order to ensure prompt resolution of customer issues that exceed expectations
- Utilize Snowflake environment, connectors, 3rd-party partner software, and tools to investigate issues
- Document known solutions to the internal and external knowledge base
- Submit well-documented bugs and feature requests arising from customer submitted requests
- Partner with product and engineering teams in prioritizing and resolving customer requests
- Participate in incident management and on-call rotation
- Train and mentor support staff
- Work with engineering and dev ops with regards to service alerts and notifications
OUR IDEAL PRINCIPAL CLOUD SUPPORT ENGINEER WILL HAVE:
- B.S. or M.S. degree in CS, MIS, or equivalent discipline
- 12+ years of combined experience in Technical Support and Software Development, Solutions Engineering, or Technical Consulting
- Extensive experience supporting mission-critical large scale database technologies such as Netezza, Exadata, Teradata, or Greenplum
- Strong understanding of cloud computing and data warehouse systems
- Solid experience writing, profiling, and debugging complex SQL queries with a focus on performance improvement
- Supported customer migrations and experience with T-SQL and/or PL-SQL
- Programming and debugging experience in any of the following languages: C++, JAVA, PYTHON, R, SCALA
- Experience with applications built on Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud
- Programmatic integration with various connectors: JDBC, ODBC, Python, NodeJS, Kafka, Spark, .Net, Go, Rest API
- Experience in troubleshooting database connectivity issues using a variety of methods; client software, drivers/connectors
- Excellent understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet, and have a solid knowledge of internet protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP, TLS/SSL, DNS, as well as the ability to use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot connectivity issues
NICE TO HAVE:
- Understanding of programming languages such as C++, and application environments such as NodeJS
- Experience in a designated customer-focused support role for a limited number of customers
- Experience providing a personalized support experience with a deeper knowledge of the customer environment
- Experience working with big data and/or MPP (massively parallel processing) databases.
- Experience with common BI and data exploration tools (e.g. Tableau, MicroStrategy, Business Objects)
- Been on-call during weekends and familiar with Salesforce Service Cloud
- Database migration and ETL experience
- Experience with Virtual Machines, Docker, Kubernetes
- Wavefront monitoring
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.