HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role…
HashiCorp is seeking a Sr. Director, Customer Support Engineering. This strategic role will be based in our San Francisco Headquarters and will report to the VP of Global Support & Services.
In this role, the Sr. Director, Customer Support will lead the U.S. team of Support Engineers for the HashiCorp Cloud Platform – Vault, Consul and special programs like FED/GOV support and others in the future.
This role will closely collaborate with our North America & International Support teams in EMEA and APAC. This is imperative for seamless execution of support workflows globally and 24/7. This team will also collaborate closely with our Cloud SRE team that operates the HashiCorp Cloud Platform.
In this role you can expect to…
Manage a large North America Cloud Support team which provides 24/7 support with assistance from our EMEA and APAC support teams.
- Process development and improvements
- Handle critical customer issues – facilitate cross team collaboration between Customer Success and Support.
- 24/7 on-call escalation management
- Carry out weekly triage of hot issues for each of the four products in collaboration with Product Management and Engineering.
- Build Cloud Services support teams in the U.S. and possibly in other locations.
Recruit, mentor, and inspire an extraordinary team and build and lead a capacity plan
- Build a pipeline of phenomenal candidates and future employees
- Set up training schedules and mentoring opportunities
- Drive performance standards to ensure team is performing at consistently high levels
- Forecast capacity needs and performance against that capacity.
SLA Management and assist with definitions of Support policies
- EOL and Support Lifecycle
- SLA definitions
Own and lead key Processes and CSAT metrics for your team
- Process Ownership for Escalation Management, SLA Compliance, 24/7 handoff, Triage of issues, and overall On-Call process.
Lead cross-functionally to drive customer success
- Provide status and updates to VP, Global Support and Services
- Continuous Process improvement – Support tools, Support SLAs, Analytics, Reporting.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have…
- 20+ years relevant experience in Technical Support or services delivery supporting enterprise Software or SaaS products. Technology start-up experience a plus
- 10+ years’ direct experience leading a team of Support engineers either Globally or in the U.S.
- Must reside in the Bay Area, CA or Austin, TX
- Experience in enterprise software release processes and 24/7 support processes
- Expertise in supporting SaaS platforms is required.
- Expertise in Open source is a plus
- Experience and participation within the DevOps community and Cloud technologies
- Proficiency with status gathering and reporting for a large customer base
- Comfortable multi-tasking and juggling competing and changing priorities in a fast-paced, ever-evolving, startup environment
- Inspirational leader who can motivate teams to achieve and exceed goals
- Proficiency in understanding concepts and technologies in DevOps, Multi-Cloud operations, security, microservices, containers, and scheduling platforms.
- Proficiency and/or knowledge of existing HashiCorp tools such as Terraform, Vault is a plus as well as knowledge of DevOps tooling
- Knowledge of AWS or Azure is a major advantage.
- Experience with implementing software products or solutions to key enterprise companies
- Ability to work well in a highly dynamic and team environment that focuses on providing above industry standard customer service
- Some Travel as needed – up to 25%
- B.S. degree in an engineering or similar program from an accredited college / university preferred or equivalent experience
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-JN1
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.