Who we are:
Unite Us is reinventing the delivery of health and human services. We connect both medical and social service providers together on a common platform, enabling scalable, accountable and measurable delivery of wraparound care. Our technology provides the collaborative infrastructure for these communities to track outcomes at scale. We care deeply about the work we do and the communities that our software benefits. We’re looking for people to join our team who share that passion for our mission to reinvent Health & Human Services and aspire to make a lasting difference for future generations. No matter how large our team grows, we will always be family. Unite Us prides itself on offering a competitive salary, full benefits, and the opportunity to change the world. Come to Unite Us and together we can build healthier communities for everyone.
Unite Us has a growing product portfolio (Platform, Insights, Payments, and Interoperability) and with each release is creating more and more functionality to serve the needs of its partners and end-users. The Senior Technical Writer will design and develop technical product content, with a focus on clarity, accuracy, satisfaction, and experience. You will build and drive a cohesive end-to-end content strategy for the company, ranging from release documentation, API documentation, user/help manuals, feature guides, technical RFPs, and implementation-related content explaining our technology to external and internal stakeholders.
What You’ll Do:
- Author high-quality documentation and original content for Unite Us
- Create and lead a differentiated technical content strategy and process for the company, closely in tune with our product development life cycle.
- Lead and implement Knowledge Management strategies.
- Lead discussions with internal teams on the timely delivery of documentation deliverables and initiatives
- Mentor others on processes, standards and best practice with the ability to influence at the team level
- Evaluate engineering projects and their client and internal impact to define documentation requirements
- Facilitate reviews with subject matter experts across organizations and consult with solution partners or other clients.
- Manage the complete documentation workflow and edit various forms of documentation and review for quality as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Writing, English, Journalism, Communication, Information Design, or related field or any Engineering Degree
- Advanced degrees or certifications in technical communications valued
- Excellent command over written and verbal communication
- Strong research skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent collaborator and ability to build cross-functional relationships
- Lead and thrive in an agile environment, with dynamic schedules and priorities
- Strong organizational skills including ability to manage multiple priorities and work demands simultaneously, under deadlines.
- Experience writing, curating, and editing content for accuracy, clarity, and usability for a technical audience
- Experience and comfort with industry standard technical documentation practices and tools, and ability to learn ones as needed
- Demonstrated ability to document detailed technical content such as APIs and/or data exchange specifications like mapping documents.
- Familiarity and/or experience with industry standards, especially HL7, including Clinical Document Architecture (CDA) and/or Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resource (FHIR)
- Familiarity and/or experience with open standards-based authentication frameworks, such as OAuth, SMART, SCIM, SAML, OpenID.
- Familiarity and/or experience with the concept of a Master Patient Index.
- Familiarity and/or experience working with industry terminology and classification systems, such as SNOMED, CPT/HCPCS, RxNORM, CVX, ICD-10, LOINC, etc.
Environmental Job Requirements & Working Conditions:
- This position is remote.
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. If you require assistance in applying for open positions due to a disability please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.