InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes 100% of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
InVision’s Customer Solutions team is in search of an experienced Technical Writer to make our customer-facing documentation accurate, engaging, and accessible.
About the Team:
This role is part of the Customer Solutions team which helps prospects and customers understand and get the most value out of our products. Customer Solutions include pre-sales Solutions Consulting, post-sales Product Consultants, Product Training/Content, Tools, Operations, and Support. This role will be part of the team that’s responsible for creating new content and maintaining existing content in our customer Knowledge Base and Getting Started Guides. As a core part of the Customer Solutions team, you’ll work closely with cross-functional partners in Marketing, Product, Engineering, and global customer-facing teams to create resources that not only document what the product does but also accelerate the newly onboarded customer’s journey from novice to power user.
What you’ll do:
- Write clear, simple content for a widely varying audiences—from internal stakeholders to designers, developers, and system administrators
- Produce and maintain world-class documentation, including User Guides, FAQs, Integration Guides, etc.
- Organize and structure documentation to make it more accessible, engaging, and discoverable
- Independently anticipate content needs based on enhancements and releases in a fast-paced environment
- Monitor key metrics, analyze underperforming content, and suggest ways to enhance documentation
- Collaborate openly and effectively with a range of stakeholders to plan, schedule, track, and communicate status for documentation work, ensuring seamless delivery of customer-ready docs for both internal and external product release dates
- Continually study the latest tech writing best practices and help documentation trends, actively raising the bar for InVision documentation by implementing what you learn
What you’ll bring:
- Broad experience developing standards, best practices, and managing documentation
- Exceptional organizational, writing, editing, formatting, collaboration, and communication skills
- Experience collaborating with product managers, customer support reps, and other stakeholders to create content aligned with product releases
- Ability to express ideas clearly and diplomatically, communicating effectively across project and management teams
- Experience working with HTML and CSS and understanding of SEO concepts and how readers find and use content on the web
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Passion for providing a great user experience
- Experience with Zendesk, InVision, and design tools is a plus!
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.