We’re looking for an experienced financial crime operations manager to own the challenge of developing our Business Banking financial crime processes & procedures to deliver a frictionless onboarding experience, keep our customers’ money safe and stop criminals from using our platform to commit financial crime.
We launched Monzo Business in March, and already support 70,000 accounts, with ambitious goals to continue growing. The successful applicant will be responsible for owning our operational financial crime processes as we grow and ensure that they remain fit for purpose. They’ll champion customer and bank outcomes when making process decisions, and ensure COps (our customer operations staff) are empowered to protect the bank and customers to the highest standard.
The ideal candidate will be an expert in scaling processes at pace, have multiple years experience working in financial crime, and be a brilliant communicator and collaborator. You will be used to working closely with stakeholders in various disciplines and teams (Marketing, Engineering, Financial Crime, Product and Ops).
Please note: This is a UK based role only.
This role will entail:
- Contributing to the successful roll out of new features by educating the product team on operational requirements and options, preparing our team of COps, and providing insights and feedback from customers and the team post launch
- Defining and executing a strategy for how we keep documentation relevant and effective (including communication). Drafting and maintaining content that supports efficient completion of our processes and ideal customer outcomes
- Being the glue which pieces together the different parts of our operation. Working with the financial crime team to ensure that processes are complete and in line with policy, working with the COps experience team to produce engaging training materials, and working with the Quality Assurance team to ensure that work is being completed to the standard expected
- Establishing and operating a clear feedback loop from FinCrime COps to the domain for process issues. Identifying and leading action plans to address problems, working with the financial crime and COps teams.
- Working with our service manager to ensure the right number of COps are hired and trained to meet requirements.
You should apply if:
- You have multiple years experience working on process improvement in financial crime operations (preferably business banking)
- You’re a great communicator: you can adjust your messaging for different audiences (Product, Operations, Senior Leaders etc.)
- You’re data-orientated and risk focused: you’re able to use data to make decisions, and always keep in mind the risks involved in your work and how to mitigate them
- You embody our value of think big, start small: you can plan short, mid and long term solutions to problems
- You can balance conflicting priorities when making decisions: you’ll need to consider the needs/capacity of many stakeholders
- Application, 2-3 x interviews with the Hiring Manager & other leaders across the Fincrime, Operations and Business Banking disciplines.
We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
If you prefer to work part-time, we’ll make this happen whenever we can – whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.