We’re SwissBorg, a fintech startup headquartered in Switzerland, with offices in Tallinn, Toronto and London.
We’re here to revolutionize personal finance by building products that allow individuals to manage their crypto assets at a touch of a finger. Whether you’re in Andorra or Zimbabwe, and whether your portfolio is worth one dollar or a million, SwissBorg gives you the best tools to learn about digital currencies and manage your wealth.
Our Community App has completed a very successful first year educating 150,000+ users about Bitcoin investing in a fun gamified format. It also serves as a gateway to our recently launch Wealth app, which offers the best price and liquidity across the biggest number of fiat and crypto trading pairs. But that’s just the start.
And this is where you come in…
What you might be doing
- Identify requirements for the data pipelines layout, design and implementation
- Design, build, maintain, and troubleshoot SwissBorg’s data delivery and data processing systems
- Be the link between the backend services and the data analytics teams
- Work on scaling the existing data systems to accommodate the future growth
- Optimize databases and query performance
- Solve challenging problems in the context of data and distributed systems
What you might look like
- Expert knowledge of at least one JVM based language (Java/Kotlin/Scala). Scala is a plus
- Good practical knowledge of Python
- Good understanding and practical experience with Apache Kafka
- Expertise in modern data storage and data processing tools and techniques
- Experience with RDBMs, data warehouses, cloud based data processing architectures
- Flexible, proactive, organized, detail-oriented and entrepreneurial
- Excellent English communication skills. French is a plus
- Experience in the finance industry is a plus
What, you need more reasons, besides the opportunity to change the world of finance while having fun? Ok, ok, here are some:
– Freedom to build up the company that you’ve dreamed of- Learn with (cool) experts in finance, engineering, AI, psychology and business- Very competitive salary and bonus based on our meritocratic system- We’ll provide you with a Macbook and a cutting edge tech stack to help you do your best work- Flexible work hours- Annual team retreats with colleagues around the world.- Continuous learning and development opportunities
Oh and are you planning on having a kid? That’s great! We have a bunch of those: you’ll get time off to enjoy that (other) adventure!
At SwissBorg, we embrace diversity. We strongly believe that getting to the best outcomes requires different perspectives and backgrounds. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.