We’re looking for an Engineering Manager for our integrations engineering team. You’ll be supporting up to a maximum of 8 (currently 4) product engineers working on our middlewares, plugins and other integrations initiatives.
At Pager, we value Engineering Managers who are able to form a fulfilling work environment for each engineer and lead effective teams where folks do their best work. We believe that trust between team members and its leadership is a fundamental building block to the success of each individual and the team collectively.
Our growing Engineering team is composed of over 50 Engineers and nearly 70 members in the overall department from diverse technical backgrounds in mobile, web, backend, platform and machine learning. You will be working with individuals who are very passionate about their craft and share their opinions in healthy debate. Our teams are located in New York City, across the US and around the world.
What you’ll do
- Lead an engineering team to deliver high quality software, make continuous deployments to production a routine, and reduce overall friction for the team
- Partner closely with Product Managers to cut scope and continuously deliver software in a lean way
Have regular one on ones with engineers, where you will:
- Set expectations and goals, provide regular feedback and hold them accountable
- Develop a strong two-way feedback loop between yourself and your direct report where you share and receive information regarding process, product, and people
- Build and maintain a healthy relationship with the engineer and understand how they work
- Remove potential blockers from the engineer and help them reach a resolution when challenges arise
- Form an engaging and fulfilling work experience through regular career growth and development conversations
Some additional responsibilities will include:
- Representing the team in decision making meetings
- Translate high level objectives from different stakeholders into different actional components that fit into the technical roadmap
- Iterate and improve our engineering processes and technical culture
- Participate in hiring and on-boarding of engineers
You’re a good fit if
- You have experience leading an engineering team, either as an Engineering Manager, or as a Technical lead. At least one year of management experience is preferred
- You have a technical background – Engineering Managers at Pager have typically worked as Senior Engineers in their careers
- You have experience developing libraries, SDKs and/or large scale applications
- You have a deep understanding of how software is built and deployed
- You can drive change by winning hearts and minds rather than using your “manager card”
- You love cultivating strong relationships with external stakeholders which will include Product Managers, Engineering Managers on other teams, as well as the operational and clinical staff employees who are using our product internally
- You have a track record of holding a team accountable to goals and aligned with company-wide strategic priorities, while maintaining high levels of autonomy on your team
- You are passionate about our mission to help consumers navigate their entire care journey, connecting them to the right care, in the right place, at the right time — like having a doctor in your family
We would really love it if
- You have a good pulse on your team’s capacity to deliver and know when to push for additional and dedicated resources
- You continuously provide feedback to your team and peers
- You have experience or are capable leading a distributed team
- You have experience working with multi-tenant environments for a SaaS product.
- You have experience building integrations such as connecting with third-party APIs and setting up a 2-way data exchange
- You have experience in healthcare industry
Our tech stack
- Our frontend is built in React and some Vue.js
- Our backend is built with Node.js utilizing MongoDB, Postgres, Redis and RabbitMQ. We’re also huge fans of hapi.
- Our platform consists of utilizing Kubernetes in Google Cloud, AWS, and Aptible
- We monitor our production environment with New Relic, Sentry, SumoLogic, PagerDuty and MixPanel
- Our SDKs are currently available for iOS, Android, React, React Native, Web and Xamarin
At Pager, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.