We’re building a movement – an education revolution. We’re building a world where anyone, anywhere can have access to the best education regardless of where they were born. At our core, we believe education is a right, not a privilege. To that end, we’re building a company and a suite of products to lead the charge in transforming access to education. ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions. We simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process. Not only do we help students with their study abroad journey, but we also help academic institutions to find the best students globally. Our goal is to help enable better, more diverse, schools that are enriched with cultures from all over the world.
The Opportunity:As part of the Recruitment and Channel Management team, your mission is to help provide services and capabilities that help drive growth and profitability to our Recruitment Partners.
You will be a technical member of a team that delivers tools for recruitment partners to help them manage their student funnel while providing insights into their funnel. Your team will also help deliver ApplyBoard’s sales and sales management teams with tools and integrations to help manage Recruitment Partners and Recruitment Partner funnels. We work at the intersection of cultivating deep data insights, creating rich user experiences, and automating complex workflows and pipelines.
Remote work for this opportunity is possible in the following provinces in Canada: Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia, and British Columbia.
What you’ll be doing every day:
- Design and develop new features for recruitment partners and the students they work
- Contribute to new services, applications, and data pipeline strategies
- Work closely with others in a cross-functional team to deliver high-quality software
- Improve the quality and usefulness of existing features, by refactoring, decomposition, bug-fixing and preventive maintenance
- Identify and act on opportunities to improve the way we plan, develop, test and deploy our software
What you bring to the table:
- You ship polished products that delight users and improve their life
- You have great communication skills. (Yes, everyone writes that – but we really mean it.)
- You take pride in the quality of the software you work on, and the way that it meets the needs of its users
- You have a strong technical foundation and you are an expert with modern product development tools and methodologies
- You know how to ship and iterate – you balance quality and speed while bringing new features and products to market
- You have a high level of skill and craftsmanship in building software that stands the test of time
Ideally, you also have experience with many of:
- Experience in high-growth start-up or scale-up environments
- Developing and maintaining products that are used by many thousands or millions of people
- Kafka, Amazon MQ, RabbitMQ or similar streaming or messaging systems
- EdTech, eCommerce, or content-management software
- Relational databases, ORM frameworks, and their alternatives
- Microservices or SOA; RESTful APIs, JSON
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, ELK stack
- DevOps, Observability, Infrastructure as Code
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have a huge impact on a product that is positively changing the lives of thousands of students every day
- Working alongside a brilliant and globally diverse team based in Waterloo and Toronto
- Great compensation and benefits package to keep you healthy and happy!
Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard; however, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted. At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
Life at ApplyBoard:By joining our team, you have the opportunity to:-Join the fastest-growing technology company in Canada, with many opportunities for growth and advancement-Work alongside a globally diverse team of over 800 team members based in 18 countries, who represent over 30 nationalities and speak more than 40 languages.
Make a difference in the lives of thousands of students as they explore educational opportunities. Want to learn more about Life at ApplyBoard? Check out this video, and be sure to follow us on our Life at ApplyBoard Instagram.
About ApplyBoardApplyBoard simplifies the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions on one platform. To date, ApplyBoard has become the world’s largest online platform for international student recruitment, assisting more than 100,000 students with their educational journey.
In 2019, ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list. In 2020, ApplyBoard announced a C$170M Series C funding on a C$2B valuation, reaching a ‘Unicorn’ status. This funding will allow us to further invest in our technology, grow our team, and serve more students on our mission to educate the world. Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard. Please note that only qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we provide equal opportunity to applicants regardless of race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. If you require an accommodation to submit an application and/or during the interview process, please notify the Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests will be addressed confidentially.
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.