Truveris is a leading digital health company focused on delivering truth and clarity in pharmacy. Truveris’ proprietary technology, coupled with deep pharmacy expertise, helps to build a more efficient market that maximizes choice, accessibility and prescription drug affordability. Our solutions provide the insight and knowledge to help people lead healthier and more productive lives. For more information on our solutions, visit www.truveris.com.
The Principal Data Scientist works with a fast-paced, cross-functional, agile team that is creating a new data and analytics platform that will allow us to better build new analytic functionality and perform client analyses at scale. The Principal Data Scientist will be involved in the full spectrum of analytic development: evaluating data to ensure it can support proposed methods, defining and prototyping algorithms, building predictive models, conducting analytic testing of the implementation of algorithms/models in our data and analytics platform, and mentoring / coaching Data Scientist colleagues. Initial work will focus on analytics for pharmacy claims data. Over time, additional data sources will be added to the platform.
The ideal candidate will be a proven functional leader and go-to expert of a Data Science team, as well as be a hands-on analyst who enjoys both the detailed work involved in algorithm/model development as well as the abstract goal of building a scalable platform. This position is US-based with a preferred location in our NYC headquarters or the Boston-DC corridor.
- Define new analytic product features
- Identify, analyze, and evaluate suitability of existing data to support proposed analytics/models and identify any data gaps
- Prototype approaches to proposed algorithms/analytics and recommend methods to be used
- Build predictive models, assess predictive capability, and recommend appropriateness for use cases
- Conduct analyses to define appropriate benchmark analytics
- Write analytic specifications for algorithms/models including technical methodology documentation for developers and methodology descriptions for internal audiences (product mgmt, client success team, marketing)
- Participate in Methodology Governance
- Present and review prospective analytic algorithms and models
- Actively participate in aligning methods for scalability and consistency
- Review requests from product management for future analytic features and brainstorm on analytic research to be conducted
- Provide guidance to developers on algorithms/model specifications to facilitate accurate and timely inclusion of the new analytic features in the platform
- Perform analytic testing of new algorithms/models to ensure implementation into the Platform is accurate and covers edge cases.
- Perform maintenance of data models and algorithms
- Mentor and coach existing Data Science team on approach, methods, and technique
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant major (Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Public Health, or Biology)
- MS in Statistics Biostatistics, Economics, or Public Health or additional equivalent experience preferred
- 5-8 years experience working with health care datasets including medical and pharmacy claims, and EMR/EHR
- 5-8 years experience building healthcare algorithms, models, or metrics
- Experience with SQL or Python
- Experience with R (preferred) or SAS
- Experience in working with and wrangling data from AWS S3 buckets
- Experience with Redshift is a plus
- Experience with additional AWS Services such as Amazon EMR and AWS Lambda is a plus
- Experience with managing code repositories (using Github or Bitbucket) is a plus
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to thrive within a cross-functional collaborative environment with analysts, developers, and product management
Truveris provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.