Waystar modernizes healthcare payments through innovative, cloud-based technology. We provide the highest-rated client experience to more than 450,000 providers, 22,000 healthcare organizations and 750 health systems and hospitals around the country. Together, our technology, data and client support streamline workflows and improve financials for our clients, so that they can focus on their patients. We are deeply committed to living out our organizational values: honesty; kindness; passion; curiosity; fanatical focus; best work, always; making it happen; and joyful, optimistic and fun.
We are looking for a Strategic Initiatives Revenue Optimization Analyst to join our evolving team. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a Healthcare Revenue Cycle, Healthcare IT, or consultancy setting. This role will guide the client(s) through potential revenue opportunities in tandem with Waystar’s solutions as well as recommend procedural changes and efforts to integrate best practices. The individual must have hands-on experience implementing process or technology solutions preferably in the revenue cycle space, with solid critical thinking and problem-solving skills. You must have demonstrated success in analyzing data to aid management in achieving project objectives. This position requires strong interpersonal and communication skills and well-developed analytic and organizational skills to effectively support client focus and project management.
As a successful candidate for this Strategic Initiatives Revenue Optimization Analyst role, you will establish yourself as a trusted advisor, both internally with your Waystar peers, and externally as a client facing representative of Waystar. The successful candidate will have the ability to approach analytical projects independently and enjoys working in a fast-paced and collaborative team-based environment.
Looking for some details?
- Provides analysis to support client revenue cycle leaders and management in charge capture
- Performs pricing analysis for clients charge master based on market comparison
- Summarize analysis to different functional stakeholders both internally and client facing
- Integrate and analyze data from multiple data sources, summarize and prepare materials for discussions with client
- Basic understanding of clients’ managed care contracts and government-based fee schedules to identify potential opportunities
- Manage multiple projects with competing priorities
Do you fit our team?
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of experience in healthcare industry
- Self-sufficient with strong analytical and research skills
- Working knowledge of Hospital Revenue Cycle, Managed Care and Medicare Billing and Coding
- Demonstrated data analysis and problem-solving skills. Experience working with project management in identifying areas of opportunity, gathering relevant data, identifying trends, and determining potential solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple, and sometimes conflicting priorities
- Experience implementing process and/or technology solutions preferably within the hospital revenue cycle
- Demonstrate independent judgment, discretion, and decision-making abilities
- Self-motivated, hardworking individual with a high attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills
- Experience standardizing and validating large data sets
- Must possess strong analytical, problem-solving and adjudication skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly skilled in Excel
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Waystar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.