Headquarters: Iowa City, Iowa
- Drive development of our mobile applications, from architecture, to coding, to release.
- Take ownership in developing and improving all aspects of our stack (development, testing, CI, automation, and architecture)
- Release to both iOS and Android (Apple App Store, Google Play Store)
- Assist in development and maintenance of web-based backend API services
- Designing and engineering features that deliver value to the people who use them.
- Collaborating closely with the entire team (designers, product managers, etc.)
- Have developed React Native apps that communicate with Restful APIs, network data synchronization, and user authentication.
- Have a working knowledge of the Expo platform for React Native.
- Understand and have experience making decisions about mobile application architecture, including data modeling, networking and data synchronization, and concurrency.
- Are experienced working in Ruby, and know your way around the Rails framework.
- Are self-directed and able to manage your time effectively
- iOS or Android development experience using Objective-C, Swift, or Android
- Experience working with high availability server architectures in AWS.
- Knowing your way around XCode or Android Studio
- Previous history of working with a remote, distributed team
Other information about this position
- Working remotely is how we operate
- This is a per-project, contract position, with up to 40 hours per week
- We are looking for people located within the 4 US time zones.
We Work Remotely: Remote jobs in design, programming, marketing and more