Degreed is the upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careers—skill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles, and projects—and match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals.
We continue to increase the value we put on our data along with the processes we tie to it. You will work cross functionally with our data engineering, reporting, data science, analytics and security teams. We are looking for someone to continue expanding our data management and governance practices. The right candidate will be a partner to influence and implement new processes for proper data change control and communication, be responsible for evangelizing our expanding data assets and evolving our internal data literacy program.
Ideal candidates will have the right balance of engineering-like disciplines and experiences complemented with business acumen to forge cross functional relationships. They will also be comfortable in a constantly evolving and maturing global company with a start up feel. This role will be based remotely in either Germany or Switzerland.
A Day In The Life
- Establish and roll out data governance standards, frameworks, documentation and tools.
- Put processes in place for alerts to data pipeline changes or before large data anomalies are discovered by our end users.
- Partner and coordinate with key team members on cross functional teams for data quality and issue remediation.
- Coordinate with the data security, privacy and legal teams to ensure compliance and hygiene.
- Reinforce data management practices, systems of record, and how to source and where to consume data.
- Implement change control processes and communication cadences at the right audience levels.
- Oversee, manage and version key deliverables and processes for data dictionaries, upcoming challenges and ongoing risk.
- Proactively champion the value of our internal data assets and work products as well as the processes for new assets and research.
- Roll out and maintain a data literacy program.
- Build out an audit process to ensure policies, procedures and metrics are in place for continually improving the program.
Who You Are
- You have 3 years in data management with experience managing key enterprise data projects.
- Strong background and working knowledge of end-to-end data management principles.
- Experience implementing and managing data governance processes and policies.
- Authoring and maintaining intuitive, usable data dictionaries.
- Deep analytical skills and experience with master data quality tools.
- Balance of project leadership/management experience and ability to deliver results independently.
- Ability to communicate well with different audiences with clarity and the ability to deliver content to large groups.
- Consultative approach to collaboration and presentations along with a track record of being able to influence senior leaders to adapt modern practices.
What Will Set You Apart
- Data warehouse, API and ELT process experience (Snowflake, SQL, dbt, Stitch, Fivetran, etc), business intelligence and data visualization (Tableau, Power BI, Domo, Looker, etc), understanding of data lakes or product analytics (Amplitude, Pendo, etc).
- Knowledge of newer data rules and laws such as GDPR, European privacy rules, ++.
- Data governance or quality tools.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Degreed Jobs for more details on Degreed and why you should come work with us!
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.