Timescale is looking for an experienced OSS developer to contribute upstream to PostgreSQL.
At Timescale, we believe we should be contributors not only to Timescale’s products and services but also to related communities. As members of the PostgreSQL ecosystem – TimescaleDB is implemented through the PostgreSQL extension framework – we believe it’s only right that we give back to the PostgreSQL community. That’s where you come in!
You will be contributing to the Open-Source PostgreSQL project. You will work on projects that are important to Timescale’s integration with PostgreSQL, as well as projects that have nothing to do with Timescale at all but are valuable to the PostgreSQL community. When applying for this position, please submit a link to a public PR you submitted to an Open-Source project (and ever better, for a patch to PostgreSQL).
We believe in open-source. TimescaleDB is fully available on github and free to use (and its core is Apache-2 licensed). We also believe in giving back to the ecosystems we are part of. Our commitment to you is that at least half of your development time will be dedicated to contributing to OSS PostgreSQL.
Timescale is a fully remote organization, with team members around the globe. This is a full-time position and you can be located anywhere (just good Internet required!).
- Be a contributing member to the PostgreSQL community.
- Work with the PostgreSQL community to determine high-impact projects to work on.
- Write production-level code for PostgreSQL.
- Fix bugs and review patches for PostgreSQL, take part in Commit Fests.
- Test new PostgreSQL releases (and TimescaleDB compatibility/performance with such).
- Help facilitate and align TimescaleDB’s development work with PostgreSQL.
- Help expand PostgreSQL as a development platform for extensions and storage engines.
- At least half of your development time will be working on OSS PostgreSQL.
Skills & Requirements:
- Strong C skills and knowledge of modern software development practices
- Past contributions to PostgreSQL is a major plus
- 5+ years as an developer writing software systems
- Passion for open-source development and culture
- Ability to work in a fast paced start-up environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Timescale develops TimescaleDB, the category-defining open-source relational database for time-series data, and a Timescale cloud platform, offering fully-managed TimescaleDB and related time-series services. TimescaleDB offers developers the reliability, performance, scale, and advanced analytical capabilities they need to store and analyze mission-critical data. With over one million active databases deployed worldwide,Timescale customers span all industries and use cases, including: cloud infrastructure monitoring and metrics, SaaS product analytics, media and entertainment, Internet of Things, finance, and more. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce and is backed by Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors.
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.