We’ve been growing rapidly since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, and after recently closing our Series B funding round, are now in hyper-growth. Our teams are diverse, fully distributed, and with no offices – we are looking for team members who are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
For this position, we are looking for candidates located in North America.
What you’ll do…
- Write, edit, and stage in-depth, well-researched articles on ecommerce landing pages, online store optimization, ecommerce/retail trends, customer stories, and best practices for scaling ecomm brands.
- Identify topics to grow our audience and author thought leadership to create value in the ecommerce landscape.
- Craft web and campaign copy in Shogun’s voice and tone — everything from site landing pages, to sales enablement material, email nurtures, ad copy, and beyond.
- Remix and refresh content to ensure a piece’s lifespan.
- Script and help produce multimedia (e.g., turning blog posts into webinars, writing scripts for repurposing articles in video format).
- Edit contributor pieces for adherence to Shogun’s style guide and content strategy.
- You have 2-4 years experience in B2B SaaS marketing and/or Ecommerce, and content creation, with a strong portfolio of work to share with us.
- You have exceptional writing and editing abilities. You regularly produce content with subject matter experts in a space.
- You’ve written longform editorial and actively apply on-page SEO principles to your work.
- You’re a natural educator and excellent researcher — you do a deep dive on topics, enough to communicate nuance and authority. Distilling complex topics into “infotainment” is easy for you. You love helping people understand.
- You’ve got experience in SaaS and Ecommerce marketing. (Knowledge of today’s direct-to-consumer brands, marketers, and their tech stack/pain points will help you in this role).
- Your first thought is: “what’s the ultimate goal of this piece?”
- A healthy obsession with style guides and grammatical exactitude.
- You’re resourceful and self-motivated with a bias for action.
- You can work at a quick pace with autonomy and flexibility.
- Prior start-up experience
- Domain expertise in ecommerce
- Experience working remotely
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what’s right over what’s easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth
We Work Remotely: Remote jobs in design, programming, marketing and more