Job description: Senior Technical Support EngineerLocation: PDT (the east side in the US or Vancouver in Canada)
We are seeking a Senior Technical Support Engineer to join our growing global Technical Support Engineering team. Our Technical Support Engineers provide enterprise-level assistance to our customers around the globe – we pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of support and we believe this level of steadfast commitment truly showcases the uncompromising integrity of our company.
Delivering on this commitment requires uninterrupted dedication from our Technical Support team: we are therefore looking to expand our support team in the east coast in the US and/or Vancouver in Canada to work alongside the existing 16 members in Globe.
As a Technical Support Engineer you will be our customer’s advocate and be responsible for their continued enablement by becoming an evangelist for the evolving value of the Treasure Data product with customers. We will also look for your input in representing the customers’ feedback with the Product team and Engineering team closely, and helping us drive and prioritize the improvements to the product. You love helping customers! You know how exceptionally satisfying it can be to solve a challenging problem for a customer, and you know first hand how outstanding customer support can make the decided difference in customer acquisition and retention.
At Treasure Data, we put a great deal of emphasis on collaboration and maintaining an open work environment, regardless of location. We believe employees should not just work but enjoy doing it – appreciating and valuing working alongside your co-workers goes a long way towards that goal and we strongly believe in ensuring that’s always the case.
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you’ve been looking for, then we’re going to need your resume of course, but more importantly send us a cover letter giving us a sense of why you think you are absolutely the right person for this job and how you are going to meet and exceed the objectives outlined below.
Things You Will Do
- Be the best expert who knows our product inside and out. From the customer’s perspective, you are the most authoritative source for anything related to Treasure Data’s service.
- Help customers understand the value of Treasure Data as a Customer Data Platform (CDP) and expand their use of the platform by helping them build well-designed data lakes and data pipelines.
- Be a critical member of the support team, a leader, coach, and a trusted advisor for our Product and Engineering, and Customer Success team. Because Support is our heart in our company and service
- Be reachable by email and live chat (and occasionally video call) for our existing customers.
- Work with our CRM portal to provide technical assistance based on customer needs.
- Partake in the on-call rotation to ensure the Service Level Agreements (SLA) for our Enterprise Support subscribers.
- Provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal.
- Help improve our knowledge base and documentation to reduce the team’s workload, increase the ratio of first-response-resolutions, and reduce time-to-close of support tickets.
- Follow procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to appropriate internal engineering teams, including synthesizing the step to reproduce issues.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports.
Your Background and Skills Will Include
- 4+ years previous experience in a Technical Support or a Solution Architect role for a SaaS-based product, as well as 5+ years of overall work experience.
- Self-starter, self-driven and willing to follow through and find answers to ongoing customer problems.
- Ability to work independently, remotely or not, as a member of a geographically distributed team.
- Detail oriented and look at all the possible ways in which the customer may be affected by an issue.
- You love trying out new software and think deeply about how things can be done better.
- Loves OSS Culture
- Strong written and spoken English
- Skilled in writing SQL queries and reasoning about databases.
- Well-acquainted with Business Intelligence tools like Tableau, Looker, Chartio, Splunk, etc..
- Hands-on familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Heroku, or other similar platforms.
- Hands-on experience with help desk software (e.g. Zendesk).
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
We Would Be Thrilled If You Had
- Have experience with Hive/Hadoop and/or Presto.
- Have knowledge of Android OS, iOS and/or Unity.
- Have Exposure to Machine Learning at medium to large scale
- Are familiar with MessagePack, Fluentd, Embulk, and/or Digdag.
Treasure Data’s mission is to bring all customer data together for a single, actionable view of the customer. We’re here to help harness and analyze the information needed to create a data-driven enterprise. Our enterprise Customer Data Platform (CDP) helps companies harness and analyse the information needed to create a data-driven enterprise. We help bring all customer data together for a single, actionable view of their customers. Only Treasure Data can handle the scale, security, and complexity required by a global enterprise in a way that empowers business decision-makers to deliver a superior customer experience and creates a unique competitive advantage. We empower companies to better know their customers, engage in meaningful ways along the entire customer journey, measure success and grow their business. Simply put, we are the only independent CDP with proven experience in solving the most complex data problems for the enterprise. We have 150+ connectors to work with any existing technology stack and are schema-flexible to ingest all types of data. We deliver enterprise-level security, scalability and continuity so you can unlock the power of customer data to deliver stellar brand experiences at scale. Founded in 2011 in Mountain View, California, with offices in London, Japan and Korea.
FreshRemote.work – Your gateway to fresh remote work anywhere.